Boards < General < Help < Creating skins for other players

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 18:25:14 — Link

So, in the FAQ, I see you're not allowed to colour skins for other players;

Am I allowed to create custom skins for other players? Can un-shared custom skin designs be sold for Silver Coins and/or Gold Coins?
No. To avoid problems with copyright, user can upload only his own artwork. We plan to introduce another feature which will help authors earn more profit from their skins: author will be able to set a price for using his skin. Users who would like to use this skin will pay the author this price.

And yet I keep seeing people asking about commissions.

So which is it? Are we allowed or not?

* Winter is coming *

• Kita
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 21:33:02 — Link

I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to sell skins.

But, I have seen Fya (who is a Mod, so I'm assuming you're allowed to do this) offering to sell pets that already have the skins uploaded onto them

So you would take a commission to color a skin for a person, have them send you a Rainbow Jar and you upload the skin onto the pet (they can send you that too) and then sell them the pet.

So...it's still selling them a skin but it's actually selling them a pet?

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/260

Here's the thread where Fya is doing it ^, so I'm assuming that's what we're allowed to do o.o.

Kita from #3988 on Aywas.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-28 15:15:18 — Link

Kita, you're right, thanks for answering here. This is the mechanism which allows not to mess up with the establishing of the real skin author.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 15:25:55 — Link

Awesome, thanks. I'll keep that way-around in mind then!

* Winter is coming *

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla