Boards < General < Creative < Puma Elements

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Cruci
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 05:33:50 — Link

I'm not sure why I started this. Pumas are not my favourite pet (mostly due to the funky anatomy of the on-site art) and I only own of them... However, I started sketching this and I like it well enough that I might just submit it as a custom skin, after I've obtained a sufficiently awesome Puma to use it on. :P

Here's the sketch thus far. What do you all think?

Linked cause it was stretching the page a little: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23670944/customskin.png

I might do more elements (fire, water, etc...) hence the title of this topic. xD

• youkaihybrid26
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 07:05:28 — Link

OoO Please try fire, I love fire!

~ Your local Youkai~

Feel free to drop by I don't bite much! =D                                                                         
Please excuse the lack of grammar, It seems to run away sometimes. ;)            Please call me Dragon or Youkai which ever you please.

• flightless
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 19:39:04 — Link

I love the idea, but I think the head seems a little small, or maybe the neck is a tad too long? but otherwise gorgeous, I love the paws and the heavier build.

• Cruci
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 20:44:12 — Link

Thank you both so much. :D

Flightless - I changed the head a bit. Colouring/basing it now~ I'm thinking about making a gryphon, perhaps a roc as well.

• flightless
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 20:58:09 — Link

I'd love to see your version of the gryphon, I can just imagine it as a heavier built creature, as lions are heavily built and eagles are generally big and powerful birds, a more dynamic pose would also be lovely for them. 

• Cruci
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 21:43:21 — Link

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23670944/Gryphon.png

Perhaps something like this, I'm not sure yet (since the canvas is 350x350 max, too much detail and most poses will make it look cramped and squished -_-)

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 23:19:46 — Link

I love the idea and think the puma badly needs some nice skins.

That said, the neck does seem too long and too thin to me at the head. It looks stretched out and sort of makes it seem uncanny to me. That isn't a bad thing at all, especially if it is meant to look more like a tree in places than a puma the effect could be really striking. If that is what you are going for, don't change it, if so I'm sure it will make "more sense" when colored.

• bunnydoec20
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-06 18:12:15 — Link

how many elemants are there

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla