Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Ability to Hide Researched Genes

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 01:24:19 — Link

Creatures being sold aside, I think it's disadvantageous for battle opponents to see the pet genes you paid for, especially if it will give the other user a chance to strategize if say, they know your pet now has an elemental weakness.

I'd be fine with this if the other party had bought a one-use scouter item, or their pet had something like a "Critical Eye" gene that could reveal one of their opponent's weaknesses/abilities.

• flightless
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 19:44:26 — Link

Perhaps this should be an opt in thing, some people would want to hide stats/genes for battle purposes, but if you were studding a male out, you would want to show off the advantageous genes to potential partners.

• bluestar20337
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 19:51:17 — Link

Support as long as flightless's idea is incorporated.

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 09:05:50 — Link

As thread title states, the "Ability" to hide them. So yes, I mean something like a checkbox to show/hide genes. :)

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 11:07:55 — Link

supports the ability to hide the geness/stats ... aslo if you have a pet that you set in an application to the battle area you are blocked form seeing all but you own genes/stats till your challenge is accepted and removed.

and that by default if you are the one looking for a challenge you can not see the opponents g/s(s) ither so other than level you are both set blindly on the feild. and then aside form possible level discrimination there is no one that has a possible "Known" advantage.

and i would not support a scout feature added unless both parties had a chance to use it befor the battle started.

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 14:31:28 — Link

Maybe just automatically hiding the genes if your pet is in the "battling" status.

• Red
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 14:51:24 — Link

Support only if this doesn't include breeding offer pets.

I plan my breedings and pets without fully researched genes are, more often than not, out of the picture to breed with. Mainly because I do not want to risk red marks on my babies and try to weed out even the bad recessive genes in breeding them. Also, when breeding for certain combination, having a hidden gene might not be the best idea for studs over-all.

I think studs and/or breeder pets should show their genetic mark-up unless they are not researched yet. For all other situations that don't involve procreation, I support this.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla