Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Feedback - Random boxes

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Wolla
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-01 05:54:33 — Link

Hello, 

So, I know this is about a past event, but I wanted to make a comment on the random boxes, maybe for a future event of the sort.

I tried using 17 of them to complete the final task to get Carpo, winning a battle against her, without sucess.

I really don't know if I was bad lucky or if it was impossible to get that task done with the boxes. My point is, if it was impossible, I would have like to know it explicitly, maybe in the description of the item, so I could make a decision accordingly before buying it.

I'm really sorry if this was just my bad luck and all the information was there! :P Just tell me so and we'll close this thread fast xD

• GriffinRider
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-02 22:28:20 — Link

Random boxes have the ability to complete event tasks, yes, but the task you were trying to complete is one that can only be done through the means of actually using one of your pets, or by borrowing someone else's, to defeat Carpo, or any other Kami.

If by any means I do happen to be wrong, that would mostly be because I have nearly never used a random box. Especially during an event.

• Wolla
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-03 02:43:57 — Link

I think you're absolutely right and that's how they work. However, appart from being told exactly that, I think there's no way to know that there's this specific distinction for the last task, neither from reading it or the description of the box. I really tought it could be ''checked'' like the others ^^ . Well maybe I'm the only one to see it that way but it does seem confusing to me.

• GriffinRider
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-03 17:40:28 — Link

Hmm, well lets see. According to the boxes description, random boxes give an item or bulk of materials as well as silver and vermillion. These boxes also have the chance to complete event tasks.

Breaking it down we know that the boxes give items. So with that information,  the boxes have the chance to complete event tasks that have to do with gathering items or sending pets. Tasks to defeat the Kami is not considerably an item.

I can see why, though, how one can miss interpret the boxes description, but i guess one has to think a little more before using. Not that I'm saying you didn't.

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-04 17:27:26 — Link

Mm GriffinRider I really don't think you can this easily blame the player who "misinterprets" the box. It doesn't specify which event tasks it will complete, simply that it will "complete event tasks". Defeating Carpo would certainly be "a task", thus it should be completeable by it.  Just because the box otherwise gives items doesn't mean that the event tasks it will be useable for are exactly those involving items too. 

Also, so we've established that defeating Carpo doesn't work. By your definition the task for the battlefield wouldn't work either - mind you, I don't know if they do. I tried completing that task myself with 8 boxes and failed. In the end I was lucky enough and got it done the "old-fashioned way" on the last day, but it got me wondering if I was just unlucky or not. From my understanding the box has a chance to complete ALL tasks except for the defeat the Kami, so this should include the battlefield tasks.

But whatever it is, I VERY MUCH agree with Wolla that there should be a better warning or description WHICH tasks are affected.

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-04 17:43:49 — Link

Random boxes did work for the battlefield. (I used 10 to get it checked off.)

Interestingly, after getting both Amor and Carpo, I noticed that while all the other tasks were checked off upon completion, defeating the kami resulted in a bit of text saying that you'd won.

Breeder of trash deviants

• GriffinRider
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-05 01:27:17 — Link

My apologies for how I wrote my reply. I did not mean to blame any player in any way.  When I wrote it I did have trouble wording it. Looks like I still didn't do a good job. 

Lytala is correct that the boxes do work on the battlefild tasks as many other people mentioned in Carpo's thread.

I to also agree that there should be the warning or description, as I forgot to honestly mention before. Maybe on the box itself or simply stating on the task of fighting the kami that a random box cannot be used.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-05 02:11:23 — Link

Like Lytala said, The completion of battling is different from the others, where it doesn't check for completion (if you battled or not) but win. The  box 'completes' a task, not wins a fight for you -- in that regard, you can think of it as: You use the box = you entered a battle with Carpo, but you don't fight it, meaning you can't win, thus can't complete the task.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Wolla
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-05 04:23:09 — Link

I don't know Wireath. It's true that you ''win'' the last task and you don't ''check it'' like the others, but that disctinction is mainly apparent only when you already managed to complete the last task. As for the definition of what consist ''completing a task'', my point is, if it's up for debate, it could be useful to just clarify a bit. 

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-08 06:53:20 — Link

Like I said, "in that regard, you can think of it as: You use the box = you entered a battle with Carpo, but you don't fight it, meaning you can't win, thus can't complete the task."

It's similar to real-life, an example is, you can't win a war just by declaring war, you'll have to fight it to win. The last task is the same, if you use the item box, it's like you're challenging the Carpo to a duel, but you aren't actually fighting it, ergo you can't win against it, thus can't complete the task.

So pretty much what happens when you use an item box is:

You: "I challenge you to a duel Carpo!"

Carpo: "Sure, lets fight."

Insert something witty [You (the beast lord) get beaten up by Carpo / Time runs out as you go to get your pet / etc ]

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Wolla
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-10 19:42:54 — Link

I think that since the task is to defeat Carpo, to complete the task means winning the fight, not simply engage in a fight. The same way, the boxes complete the task where you have to achieve an objective on the battlefield, not simply put you on the battlefield with a last '' good luck! '' shout :P

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-10-10 21:30:16 — Link

Random boxes work for all event tasks with no exclusions. But since it's a luck item, it doesn't guarantee a result after N boxes opened. The chance to get an event task checked rolls for every box separately and doesn't depend on the result for previous boxes. The only difference for the Arena victory task is that it requires all other tasks to be fulfilled before it. So unlike other tasks, it doesn't have a chance to be checked through Random Box until this condition is met.

• Wolla
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-11 00:19:45 — Link

So it is indeed possible to check it like every other task with the random boxes? Are the chances about the same? I guess I got pretty bad luck then ^^ well! that's too bad, thank you for the answer.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-10-11 00:58:36 — Link

Yes, the chances are the same, it's a normal task just like any other from the point of view of Random Box.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla