Boards < General < Help < Pheromones

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• the_little_owl
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-26 19:55:58 — Link

I've read the little question mark about pheromones on my Throdama's page, but I still don't really understand what it means. It says about the next generation, so does it improve their offspring?

Thanks in advance

" anything you say can and will be held against you

so only say my name, it will be held against you "

- Fall Out Boy, Just One Yesterday

• Amnaa
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-27 00:49:21 — Link

In fact, yes it does. You can assign workers with active pheromones to a pregnant female to specialize the offspring. Beware though, the babies will never be able to breed.

• the_little_owl
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-27 10:43:08 — Link

Thank you!

" anything you say can and will be held against you

so only say my name, it will be held against you "

- Fall Out Boy, Just One Yesterday

• DragonValer
  • User

Posted at 2018-03-13 23:05:53 — Link

How does the amount of "nannies" or pheromone suppliers, affect the offspring?
It is what it is...

• yellowfang777
  • User

Posted at 2018-03-14 00:32:22 — Link

DragonValer (#38852) wrote:
How does the amount of "nannies" or pheromone suppliers, affect the offspring?

You have to fill the number needed to get offspring.

<YELLOWFANG'S SIGNATURE HERE>

yeet

• Sheliak
  • User

Posted at 2018-03-14 02:40:06 — Link

You can assign 1, 2, or 3 throdama (with the same ready pheremone) to a pregnant female to get a baby with a specialized morph. These morphs look different than normal throdama, can't breed, and have certain special abilities Depending on how many you assign, the baby will get more or less special abilities. 

For example, say you have one throdama with a ready Warrior pheremone, and you assign it to use that pheremone on a pregnant female/her baby. The baby will have the Warrior morph (check Skins -> Throdama to see what that looks like), as well as the trait Spikes (increases blow/rush damage and critical strike chance). If you use two Warrior pheremones, the baby will additionally get Venemous Spikes, which gives them a chance to poison an enemy in battle. And if you use three warrior pheremones, you get a Grade 3 Warrior, which will have Stench (increases dodge chance by a lot) as well as the other traits. 

So it's a tradeoff--if you have three throdama with ready Warrior pheremones, you can make three Grade 1 Warriors, or one Grade 3 warrior. (Or one Grade 2 and one Grade 1.) It's a quality/quantity choice. 

You can't assign babysitters to use different pheremones on the same baby--you can use one, two, or three Warrior pheremones, but not one Warrior pheremone and one Scout pheremone. 

The Beast Codex has more information on the different morphs and grades: https://beastkeeper.com/beast-codex#q2

• DragonValer
  • User

Posted at 2018-03-14 07:47:40 — Link

Ok. I understand how assigning suppliers helps. Thanks a lot Sheliak
It is what it is...

• Goldeneyedwolf
  • User

Posted at 2020-07-14 00:05:24 — Link

I have a question. I have a female throdama who has an available pheromone. I bred her but when her larva grew up, it was just a regular throdama. What went wrong?

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2020-07-15 07:08:53 — Link

A mother can't give pheromones to her child. You have to assign three different throdoma to the pregnant mother (each with the requirements for your desired morph pheromone), and they have to be the same type.

"Violence for violence is the rule of beasts." -obama in some guy's dream

DA: https://www.deviantart.com/rawrzskythrone

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla