Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #49

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-06-08 00:00:26 — Link

Exhibitions Report

The 27th exhibition "Exclusive Felinity" has ended. 85 Beastlords have applied their pets to compete for the prize.

Now it is time to announce the winners!

1. thebeastkeeper (#23369) - 205233 points
  2. emmie1977 (#304) - 195064 points
  3. Sylviianel (#27850) - 179943 points
  4. PortysPride (#14981) - 171707 points
  5. wolfspirit (#20563) - 160288 points

Check the winning rosters here

"Write your own quest event" contest winners

It's time to announce the winners of the "Write your own quest event" contest! I want to thank all participants for the entries. We got a lot of remarkable stories. And there are two winners this time:

1. Sylviianel. The prize is 150 and "Historian" achievement. It was quite hard to choose only one of your beautiful stories, so we would like to tell a few of them. The prize was increased to fairly reward the use of several stories at once.
  2. lamarqueisdead. The prize is 50 and "Historian" achievement.

Congratulations to the winners!

... And the first winning event is starting today!

A Water Crisis

Written by Sylviianel

Grave faces sat about the Town Council and tension ran high within the room as the discussion commenced. A Roc had arrived that morning, weary from its travel from a far off branch of the Messenger Service, bringing with it a plea for assistance. A town located in a small peninsula surrounded by salt watered oceans was in the midst a crisis: the last of their fresh water wells has gone dry. Without their wells they have no means of getting fresh water of their own and the town would surely perish without it.

The Trade Services recognizes the threat this holds to their own economy. While the peninsula was small, it's soil was rich with minerals that supported a wide range of crops, and the vast majority of its land was designated to agriculture. The food grown was shipped out and sold to markets all across Europa. If the wells were dry then the aqueducts that watered the fields were in danger as well, and if the crops were to perish it could lead to world-wide food shortages. Water must be delivered to the ailing town at once to prevent this from happening.

The majority of the Town Council was more concerned with the people of the peninsula. They could not see the bigger picture as the Trade Services could, but they still wished to assist in their own way. They would help to provide the aid the town so desperately needed by sending beasts to help dig new wells. New wells would bring fresh water to the town and save the people, solving the problem at hand.

The Trade Services is hiring the help of strong Dragons who can easily travel the great distance carrying water to the town and its many farms without growing weary.
The Town Council is sending Lykos who possess the keen instincts needed to locate the water that is deep underground.
The peninsula town, grateful for the aid, will be throwing a feast to honor their saviors and will reward the group that managed to help the most with a bountiful supply of their freshest vegetables. Eating healthy does a beast well, and the species that wins this prize will gain a boost to its overall health.

The town can only last 7 days under the current conditions, so help can not come soon enough. Go to the Quests tab now to send your pets to the peninsula to assist them: the Trade Services is looking for strong Dragons with Steel Muscles, and the Town Council is recruiting intuitive Lykos with Animal Instincts for the task.

The winning species will get a bonus: hitpoints boost for one week.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-08 00:15:56 — Link

It is an honor to have not one, but several, of my entries be accepted to become a part of our beloved Europa's lore. I have no words to express how thrilled I am with this! Thank you so much! This week was great. I placed third in the exhibition, placed in two of the weekly charts, and here I've managed to become a BK historian. I feel pretty amazing right now. The Historian achievement is by far my favorite of all of it.

Congrats to the other exhibition winners, and to lamarqueisdead as well for also having an entry accepted in the quest event writing contest. Good luck to everyone participating in the quest event!

I'm curious, may I know which of my other quest events were accepted or will I just need to wait until they're played?

• Liandralithe
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-08 00:47:04 — Link

i have pets fitting both descriptions. not sure who will win

Always looking for the following: Mutagen, Change Sex Scrolls, Rainbow Jars

I need: 2 Money Tree Saplings; 3 Nightcat; 1 Warehouse (lvl 6)

I have: 1 Spirit in a Jar; 1 Snake Eye

Have Ice Breath + Ice Aura Lykos and Lightning Rocs for Sale

• lamarqueisdead
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-08 01:32:22 — Link

I am amazed that I was one of the winners of the writing contest. I feel honored that my work was chosen, and I would like to thank the staff of BeastKeeper for deeming it worthy.

Congratulations to Sylviianel for her victory as well. I believe she was worthy of the title - her stories were very well-written and well thought out.

I'm sorry, the signature that you are attempting to reach is not available. Please leave a message at the tone. *beep*

• Skylinne
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-08 02:11:14 — Link

Congratz to Sylviianel and lamarqueisdead! Lookin forward to read your stories!

And yay, finally my laze Lykos will be of use to the Town! I'll do my best to help them win!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-06-08 02:17:27 — Link

Congrats guys! You both worked really hard to get it! Can't wait to play them out. 

Angel- Will the quests be tying into Europa's history? 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-08 05:59:31 — Link

Grats Sylvianel and lamarqueisdead -- I should have editted them and set it up better huh (when I read over them, they feel more of rough drafts, which they were :P) well there is always a next time. (Wonder if we can re-sumbit entries.)

Hmm, I don't have any Lykos with Animal Instincts, I think, and only around 1-2 Dragons with Steel muscles, so that'll be the one I'm rooting for, and can't wait to see what else were picked.

PS. Darn Sylvianel, that's some good luck, doesn't that mean... 170 gold... and what were the exhibition rewards? Expand Stable scrolls, deviant, and some other stuff?

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-08 06:35:01 — Link

I'm not rooting for any team in particular, even though it's a quest I made. After all both groups are working together, just seperate, in order to assist the peninsula. I'm wonder what sort of ending the writing staff here will give the event.

@Wireath:: Yep, I earned 170 gold this week, along with a White+Diluted pattern dev Roc, 5k silver, an Expand Stand Scroll, a 3rd place trophy, and the Historian Achievement. I'm still the most proud of becoming a Historian.

• princessslothie
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-10 21:11:17 — Link

Congrats Sylviianel,  may you be loved  by all.

• kittensrule321
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-11 15:35:55 — Link

Congratssssssssssssss!!!!!! I hope dragons win even though I love lykoses too!!!!!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla