Boards < General < Creative < How to make a custom skin?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Leopardpawz
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-10 03:29:41 — Link

I want to make a custom skin, but my parents say I cannot download the thingy so is there another way to do this? Please help :)

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-10 04:01:21 — Link

What thing do you need to download? The bases or a program to make the skins in? The bases are just like saving an image to a computer so those don't cause any problems. As for a program have you tried finding one online to use that doesn't require downloading it? I use online ones rather than buying or downloading a program onto my laptop.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-05-10 04:38:48 — Link

@Leopardpawz

I understand feeling worried about downloading something from a website. The images themselves will have to be downloaded to make a custom skin. There isn't a way to get around that. I can assure you that our custom skin lines are safe and free of nasty viruses and the like. 

As for the programs... Programs could contain the risk of downloading bloatware or things that you do not want. If you do download a program I would recommend using something that is "tried and true" among other people. A simple and small sized program like GIMP would be a great start. Always be careful when downloading a program. Make sure that you are clicking the actual download link and not a spam link. You can always verify if a site is legitimaet by googling it or using a site like "is it safe" to verify. 

However, you don't need to download a program- just as Sylviianel said. There are plenty of online image editing programs! You just have to make sure that they save in the correct format. 

If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)

If all else fails, you can always comission an artist to draw your skin for you.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• darena
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-12 20:39:15 — Link

help me ive literally just joint and i feel crap coz u guyz all have epic skins

Warning given by Angel on 2015-05-12 22:13:18
Please check Forum Rules: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/250
We don't have a character limit, so please don't use chatspeak.

• Astra
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-18 08:09:30 — Link

Though I have never created a custom skin or anythin like it, I would like to start making custom skins. Does anyone have any advice on how to start out? Any suggestions on what program to download. Just keep in mind that though I can buy a program I can not make monthly payments like some of the programs I have reserched require. 

Also should I use a tablet or my computer?

-Aรtгค

• Dobby
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-20 19:24:41 — Link

Astra, you could check this sticky thread for different programs.You don't always have to buy or download anything for use. There are also some online ones that allow you to use for free. :) I don't make custom skins (will be starting soon), but I do make a few arts in one online photoshop site (Link given below). Although it lacks a few tools, but it has all the basic tools needed.

Link: onlinephotoshopfree.net

I'm sorry that's all I could do to help. I'm not a long-experienced artist so I just know little of these things. :P But I do hope these helped a bit.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-05-20 23:15:21 — Link

Thanks for that Link Dobby! I've added it to that thread. 

Astra, if you have questions feel free to post there. I'll be happy to suggest recommendations or help as much as I can! 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Astra
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-21 06:42:30 — Link

Thank you for answering my questions, I'll be sure to contact you guys if I have any questions! :)

-Aรtгค

• amitkumar
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-11 09:24:49 — Link

There are many website browser based Photoshop Online Photo Editor Which you can easily use from the confort of your Browser. The option for you are pixlr,toolpic,GIMP is about to release browser based editor dont know if they come up with online version.

The most i like is toolpic editor becuase it is Animation option also do check it out

• pinkblossom
  • User

Posted at 2015-12-28 00:37:30 — Link

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!! This is all just what i needed!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla