Boards < Community < Roleplay < So we bought this island...(A private with Laikasilver)

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Inugami
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-21 05:47:21 — Link

SO WHAT ARE WE DOING?

First a little bit of figuring it out and worlds building. We are an island planet maybe a moon. I have not read all the lore but from what I graps.

People moved to this place Eureopa and geno-modified massive creatures to help colonize the new world. HOWEVER things went bad got dystopic and now we are midevel again.

There are alot of dangeroseur mutated hybrid creatures running around.

My idea:

Slice of life rp. Our characters ether deicede to leave their family unit or are freshly moving to the planet. We are adults, if we are leaving our family odds are we didn't have the income to open up a base/colony.

What?

Once again we are an island nation. Odds are you have to purchase a little island and garner materials and ocean trade to eat and get cool things. Life is expense, un ihabited island are hard to come by not because we have over populated but because we need to GO further out with fantasy level tech, longboats, people to row the long boats, supplies youg et me you know this.

So  back to the plan. Our people NEED space. I mean we are adults you want a life your own life. We have been chating for awhile via messanger bird or somthin and dieced to get an island together. This will reduce drag on out families and give us the spce we need to start our life.

The rp itself will be slice of life so we start when we get on the island and apply to be beast lords.

Wait APPLY??/ Yeah remeber those mutants?? The scary morph things? The little iland colloines will probably need there own military because the creatures are just as smart and deadly as us. SO yes we are bulding a colony, as sel-sufftaiting little harvest moon esque thing.

What do you think?

• Inugami
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-21 19:17:54 — Link

The boat rocks gently on the shore as whimsy arrives. Her hooded cowl and shawl blow activly in the hot air of this late summer day.

A pearly sleeve slips from her slender arm as the younge woman futher sheild her eyes. A small distance away stands a vaguly reconisable figure catching with the isle broker.

Late darn it!

"Thank You very much Sir."  Whimsy whispers dryly btu offer an innocent smile. A small satchel of items is given to him in trade before Whimsy starts off at a trot towards the small group.

(Okay so I am going to give a couple guidelines so we have some structure to what we are doing.

Currently we are jsut finishing up the arrangment that will give us custdy of the this island fragment. We actually have a few smaller island attached to this one. It was a very good deal...sorto of. This is a grassland, one of the more desirable landscapes. But that makes it highly populated with Morphs so it is dangerosue. Our island area is probably the size of massachusettes so yes there are other people and towns but mostly they are on fragmented islands boating distance from us. We live on one of these fragmented islands. However next to us is the central hub. Next to is relative it is about 15 minutes by boat, you MIGHT be able to swim it as a creature. You can dfinily fly it as a creature.

Boating vs Portal you can portal to places too but they are much farther a part. If you want new things you need to boat to a new undicovered island and build a portal there. We have a portal on out little fragment! There is also one in the central hub.

Why not portal everything? Because it takes ALOT of engery and can mess with your nanites.

So wait what are we doign again?

We are in tutorial phase. We are going to do the things in the tutorial.

1. Get the island,you can do that right now or have done it by the time Whimsy reaches you.

2. Explore the town and find recruits. Explore the buildings we get at the start, chat about opening a busyness(optional but hey ideas guidlines I can trsut you to be cool and branch)

3.Get recuits. What? Remeber the scray monsters?? Yeah we need to form a guild. This is common in our world because a lot of people trying to do what we have done, buy an island start a life.

4. Some people think this is too great a task so they join a guild. We are a guild by joining you agree to follow our House Rules in return for freedom, a place to stay and food.

BUT the site doesn't havea guilds?? Yes this  guild system is taking the place of the pound because if we did that it would be human trafficing and I am not sure that is allowed on this site.

5. Just a little more Laika!! I know you brain is frying!! Quests. Pick up some local quests.

Remeber the scary monsters?? Yeah not everyone is willing to go out and fight. People will hire us to protect feild, forage, whatever our daily quests say. Please try and keep track of your daily quests and who takes them it will give us more to work with. ^_^

Finally!! The SImilfied version

1. Finish talking to the guy in my post. His name is Sandor.

2.Go to town.

3.Recuit new party member.

4.Grab some quests at the post office

5. Go home.)

• Laikasilver
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-21 20:48:10 — Link

Saphir learned something that day as he was talking with the man,Sandor if he remembered correctly. He was not good at talking with people when i came to matters of money, nor was he good at haggling. As a matter of fact he was sure he sucked at it. Badly. In the end he felt like he'd been jipped. Even if the man Did throw in a small boat with their deal. 

At least we'll be able to Get to the home we Paid for.

Saphir snorted softly, a habit he seemed unable to kick no matter what form he took, and watched as the released air blew a wind tusseled lock of chestnut hair from his face. Now all that was left to do was wait, wait for the person who Was a little bit late to this meeting of bokering minds. Well, one brokering mind and a not so business savvy young man. He blamed it on the wind, or lack thereof.

• Inugami
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-21 21:39:40 — Link

(Okay so one thing yes there is wind because I needed it to show off her cowl in the first line.)

The tiny woman trots up to her much taller compaion waving animatly. A bundle is held in rolled cloth under her arm and sandles clap against uneven grass and rock. She arrives just in time to see the puffy sleeved man hand over a rolled parchment to her-OH MY

He-he's a man. Hmmmm did we never get that far in our letters???

"E-excuse me." The voice of piping plover  that is Whimsy makes herself know, "S-Saphir?" His name is so regal, like a gem.

Sandor was now walking away to leave the two on the brinks of the town(name please??). "Hahhhh!-" *crack!* Whimsy's voice catches visibly painful, her tiny dark face visible from this distance. She uncovers a waterskin after much rustling in her robes. Her eyes look over the stalltion......she turns away to squeeze some liquid from the skin.

"AH...swish,sands,surf, rain, rain. rain. moon. moon." She chants quietly to herself.  Her face screws up into a determined nod and the woman turns back in awave of fabric. "Saphir!" Her voice renewed it chimes in a high cadence. "I'm Whimsy, your room make and guild partner.' She offers a milk chocolate colroed hand splochted with white. The digts are tiny and thin, callosed from hard word, and worn from sand.

"I take it this is initium? How was your trip?" Her face now visible pears up with intriugue. Three litte splotches of white above her nose and brow, a few under her eyes and a swath covering her lips and up her right jaw. "Did Sandor tell you how this works?" Her questions are each polite and evenly spaced, inital shock dissapitng into natural courtesy.

• Laikasilver
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-22 14:48:12 — Link

"Ah! Hello Whimsy, a pleasure to finally meet you in person." hazelnut eyes scanned the small womans face for any visible signs of discomfort. Had he been dishonest? Forgetful of some great fact that needed revealing. He'd thought not, but many things had been left out of their correspondences, either by exitement or letters simply lost to the sea. Fickle thing that it was.

Saphir took the offered hand into a firm, but not rough shake. His fingers were calloused in a way only familiar to those who knew what they were looking for. Musicians hands. "Sandor...Told only what was relevent to Sandor I assume. Though i did managed to learn the names of the few nearby towns, and managed to requisition a small craft. As for my Journey, well...I have learned many things about the sea I would have preferred to remain ignorant about." He chuckled softly. Yes, like seasickness and how far a clay instrument can sink before you catch up to it.

• Inugami
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-23 05:57:55 — Link

Whimsy chortles at Saphir's latter proclamation. "Aye sea." She rocks towards him. "You too then. Well we shall be a shoddy band of sailor-ARCK." Her throat cracks agian. This time she doubles over one hand to her mouth the other to her throat.

Several moments of spasmed hacking rack her frame before the fit ceases. "Sorry~" Rasping she casts a weak smile. Deafly her hands vansish into her long sleeves.

Righting herself she pulls her arms to her chest. "I swear it is not contageouse....in about an hour I won't be talking. I need more honeypot ants to make the syrum." Her head bent she nudges over a rock, carefuly not to damage her sandled toes.

'Off we go?" She looks up brightly and sounds like ash and gravel through a grinder. She offers her hand, begining to head into town. "I think the recuirtment sation first? Do you have our-" *coughing* She makes several rapid hand gestures. 'Can you sign?' And looks eve so hopeful.

• Laikasilver
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-23 07:06:28 — Link

Saphir gave a repentent frown and shook his head softly. "I am afraid i do not, my apologies, it was never taught to us seeing as most of us had hooves half the time. I can indeed read lips though." A skill most of the musically inclined learned early if they wished to keep playing. One did not typicallly hear their teacher over the din of instruments. Hands waving and lipreading were key. 

Taking the small offered hand the young man walked along side his smaller companion toward to town proper, if you could call it a proper. More like a collection of building vaguely arranged into a town square as if mostly by chance then by any real planning. "Are you ill?" Soft brown eyes scanning the various colourful signs for the recruitment office. 

• Inugami
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-23 08:56:25 — Link

Whimsy swallows hard from her waterskin now reapppeaed from her robes. Instead of answering him she pulls back her hood.

Dense dark hair the color os molasses is pulled back from her slight, oval face. It's shiny and hanging in a heavy braid looped about her shoulders. Here or there a few free strands halo about her from the voyage over.

However her mismatched colored fingers tap adamantly at a thick collar of hard gilded jwelerly that hugs her neck. It pans from just under her chin all the way down her short necl to her collar bones and looks like little rings stacked on top of one another.

Tipping her head back so Saphir can see it better she reaches behind it and with a snap the garment looses.

Removing the item reveals a large jagge dscare of varying color carved into what must have been her throat. It spikes agreeivesly at the edges and the shine has dulled up still jars oddly with her other flesh textures. An ugly thing it is.

"Not. Sick." Whimsy states bluntly, swallows again. "Let's go."

She refasends the gilded piece and hold clsoe to Saphir, tremblign slightly.

Inside the G.R.C. is malestorm of sweat,leather,metal and the scents of living things huddled close together. It is something of a hub to everyone. Inside guilds vy for ownership of certain people, or some are ignored all toether. Food stand lurk around every corner. Whimsy's mouth waters at the smell of roast newt somewhere SOMEWHERE OH ANDROMIDA BE GOOD! Her fingers clutch at Saphir as a pictarly large group of males pass by.

The Guild Recruitment Center is a massive structure roughly retangualr similar to an army bunker. It is actually part of a larger network that triples as a prison and poor house in addition to the typical guild area.

Whimsy steels herself from the looks she is getting, her muscles tense and she lifts her chin.

'Pound' so nicknamed for the dogs it holds can be a scary place. Of house each faction was serate but still some adventures are rowdy and it is easy to lose a little woman in a place so croweded. 

"Whay kind do you seek?" Her voice is a whisper and she has gotten closer and closer to Saphir in the time they have spent in the building. SHe doesn't want to press or cling to him but...so many people, so big. For a second the walls begin to close and WHimsy wobbles, bumping into someone as they pass.

• Laikasilver
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-26 08:16:22 — Link

Sapphire catches the little lady gently as one of the more pushy patrons had caused her to stumble. How Rude. The building was getting increasingly crowded and the inhabitants were uncouth and rowdy. It became Obvious that unless something was done, and quickly, he ran the very serious risk of losing his small friend in the crowd. Preparing himself for a squawk of protest should it come, he deftly lifted the tiny woman from the ground and unto his shoulders. Whimsy Had mentioned that she Was a Trice, and birds tended to like height places. He was loathe to manhandle a Lady in such a way, but if she was separated from him he doubted he’d find her again. She was certainly Safer up there then on the crowded floor.

“Someone with Wings, our boat is much to small to hold many people for to long a distance. Having one fly along side would greatly improve our chances of not sinking. At least until we build a better craft. A Gryphon perhaps. What of you?” 

• Inugami
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-26 19:47:54 — Link

Brought the fringes of an axiety attack Whimsy hardly notices that she has been gripped... untill she is elevated. She does squawk loudly and inhuman for the first moment of miscomprehnshion. Wirthing adamanly and almost braining Saphir. Then she is sitting above the crowd and the pushing people and the the clutter. 

Her head sinks into her neck , eyes lidding mostly, and a pleased smile creases her face. Yay. It takes another moment for her to straighten and look about, acute hearing processing Saphir's questio

"Rocs are more inclined to fly. Griffs are heavy." Her sharp little nails drum upon her partner's skull in contemplation...."Thank You." Her voice is soft, maybe it always was.

--

The most normal looking man imagineable runs up to the duo! "Hello adventure!! First time on Initium? I am Maiko and yours-WOOOOOAAoah" He trips and nearly falls into them. Yet springs up like a jackrabbit! "For the taking!" Grinning for all the world he laughs nervousely and combs a hand through tabby striped black,silver and gold hair. It has a weird texture to it, almost like feathers but not quite there.

---

Whimsy blinks. His engery is pure. A smile creeps onto her face.

This only causes Maiko to grin even wider. He dusts off his gown like tunic and stands a little straighter. "Oh I'm sorry little Miss I didn't notice you up way there." He gives a little bow to the mounted woman. And then looks to Saphir.

"You're daughter I take it?"

SHUNK!

Whimsy twiches as if stuck and grabs too fistfulls Saphir's hair. Gently bobs them (LIKE REINS!!...no not like reins. XP) trying to convey with deepset urgency to leave this haluinigentic baphon behind. Turn turn!!

• Laikasilver
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-08 06:55:36 — Link

Saphir feels the tug to his hair a smiles in a mischievous manner but resists the urge to act on it. After taking that urge and stuffing it into a tiny little box in the back of his mind with all the other bad mannered things he wouldn’t be caught doing till the end of days, he glanced up and Whimsy and then back at their current recruitment prospect. 

“No, This is my Dear Friend Whimsy. She owns an Island.” Sapphire neglected to mention that he too shared ownership of this island but the way he saw it Whimsy was declining this offer of service to quickly, this bird like man could be of some use. Even if he was a klutz he did not come off as down right Rude, just misinformed. And Loud.

• Inugami
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-08 08:15:44 — Link

"Oh." Maiko blinks slowly. "OH!! I'm SO sorry! You are-" He stops before he can further fall over himself. The crowd oozes and roars around them. Smothering ot the point of discomfort. "...Yanno guys. You are goreouse and cool can I join you? Please!! I'm a bit of a cluts and not a genius but I can work hard and at the vey least gather the materials you need. I am also a local. I can get you deals in the markets and show you the good harvesting spots." Maiko trembles excitedly.

Whimsy glares down at him, brooding at her stalions lack of movement and yet. "He can join." She whispers in Saphir's ear. Smiling like a cat. She's a dork. He will be my dork....He better deliver on those market deals. "We need someone to negoiate when I am not around."

"WOAAHHHOOOOO" The gyphon all but explodes and jumps.  "Now we are going to need this and that and...." The male begins to rattle off a long list of to dos for the up and coming guild. Like  a visit to the alchmists which Whimsy was not aware they needed.

Whimsy clutches Saphir for dear life. To great too much. I was wrong. I am an idoit. What has I done. Wait alchemists? She shakes her head violently. "No." It's short, direct and accented in an afican like tone.

"Do you know any other guildmasters?? You recruit another member if you do!" Maikos continues to dance like a joyouse animal crossing character. He is nearing the end of his list.

(Also remeber how my Grys are named after food? Maiko is also a food though I put an I in his name the sharp is just Mako)

• Laikasilver
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-13 06:57:48 — Link

"I just happen to be another guild master." Saphir chuckles softly at the Gryphons antics. He always did enjoy the company of birds. He quiets immediately when he felt Whimsy’s tiny hands tighten in his hair almost painfully. He winced softly but kept quiet, it would not do to stress the little bird out more then this entire debacle already had. Soft brown eyes scanned the crowd as he deftly toned out most of the bird mans ramblings in search of His recruit. A woman with sharp yellow eyes and bi-colored black and white hair quirked a brow at him through the rabble. 

The unicorn read the question in her eyes and nodded softly. Soon enough the Woman had pushed ind shoved her way through the crowd, letting none deter her from her target. “ ‘m Boudica, Boudica Swift a’ your service.” 

Saphir was immediately thrown for a loop by the woman’s thick accent but wisely kept his mouth shut on the subject.“Good day, Miss Swift. As you can see we are putting together a guild and It would be a great honor if you were to accompany me in this task.” 

Another quirked brow answered his question with yet another. “Yer a weird one ain’t ya, talking to a gal like that when she’s just offered to bash some skulls for ya. Side’s I walked up to You din’t I? Offerin Service an all and you go off right as pomp. I’ll come with ya if you can manage ta Ne’er call me Miss again. Got it? It’s Boudica or Nuthin.”

“Agreed.” Because in all honesty, Saphir didn’t know if he should be Offended or not.

• Inugami
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-13 07:53:30 — Link

Whimsy loosens her hold, watching from her perch. The noise is deafing around them, the heat gerated by so many bodies swealtering. It is like home. But where is sand? It's wet. Smells so rank. Sweat, hides, fur,feathers, food, grease. Whimsy shivers. Wanting to be done here. Hopefully we will find a better way to do thi- A glimmer catcher here eye, rich ruby satins, ebony hair that shine like obsian. And D*MN if she didn't have the heat to back that!!!. Whimsy STARES. Leaning unconciousely forward on Saphir's head. Must know-

"Great!! I'm Maiko! Can I call your Booti?" Maiko jubliantly offers his hand ot the new teammater then looks around at the guards nervousely. "Guys we have tot go! You probably have a meetting with the alechmiss right? For a genetics check up? This place shuts out full guilds. You can come back tommorow to adpot someone."

Maiko gestures ot the door. "WE have to GO. It's going to rain soon anyway. If we linger we won't get any of the cool quests!!" Maiko whines like a begging animal crossign character. 

Anger glares are shot their way by the guards. It is time to head to the alechmists and get hat check up. Or to the exploration guilds hub and grab some quests.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla