Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Balanced Enemies?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Sen
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 07:45:10 — Link

I feel like the enemies I encounter are rather unbalanced for the levels my pets are at - combined with the lack of energy and the way they block the paths, it would be nice if there was some way to scale the enemies to the level of the pets. I think it's weird that my level 2 is running into level nines - and I'm not sure if this is intentional?

• Meesh
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 08:47:19 — Link

I've had levels 2-4's running into level 7-10's - definetly not a good thing, so I offer my full support!

Flying is just throwing yourself at the ground and missing

• Cyberstrike
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 10:22:49 — Link

Total support! I've noticed this a lot too. It really puts a hold on leveling when your pet can't go anywhere but to a level 12 monster at level 5-6...

• Dr_Starchild
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 13:32:46 — Link

strange, I've always encountered leveled enemies in my explorations. Occasionally you find a stronger one, but hey, if you could always defeat every monster, there would be no point in either fighting or levelling.

• Sen
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 06:20:45 — Link

It's not so much that I want to win every battle. It's that I cringe a little when I enter a level, wander around and check the monsters and see that almost all of the possible battles are 3-5 levels up from mine. 

This also goes for the reverse, when I'm running into level 1 enemies with a level 6-ish pet.

• Cheese
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 06:28:21 — Link

No support, I love it the way it is, honestly.  The main point is to breed for good genes and have a strong pet.  Two of my pets can beat pets 5-7 levels higher than them.  And it doesn't hurt to see weaker pets and beat them, just means easy exp. It's a fun challenge and realistic. I like it as is, so yeah, no support.  

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-26 06:55:46 — Link

No support.... these battles can be won without level. For instance my Raiden has Magical Beak... so he has a shreiking power... He also have tough skin so increased HP... these factors help stalk the odds and give you a challenge. When you beat that tough monsters... like the gaurdians or those purple octopus things, then you get a nice batch of XP and some treasures too. :) It's realistic as Cheese said.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 20:52:19 — Link

It is fairly well ballanced, just the ballance is sort of broad.

I've noticed you may run into creatures up to 6ish levels higher or lower. Even my average pets can beat opponents in that range, but not always and considering the most dificult ones can guard items that aren't for sale or cost 20k in the shop I think that it's pretty fair.
Genes do effect how easy or difficult this is, a pet with many bad genes will need to fight monsters closer to it's level and a pet with good genes will do well. It's a great incentive to breed better pets.

A level 2 pet isn't going to run across a level 30 creature that it can't conceivable beat but it may find level 7 monsters that pose a real challenge.

• Shadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 20:59:47 — Link

Support.

It's annoying when I'm trying to explore for goods, and there's a high level monster right in front of me and I can't even move past the gate without battling it... Then my pet gets pwned....

I also think those beast statues are just way too strong. I challenged a level 14 one with my lvl 13 pet, and she got pwned in one move.

Also, it seems like you have to be either really lucky, or do a lot of breeding to get pets with really nice perks and special attacks, so I don't know if most people can just destroy level 11s with their level 4 pet....

Hello there! My name is Shadow, and I specialize in the collecting and breeding of gryphons. If you'd like to breed with one of my males, or purchase any of my non-gryphons, just shoot me a message!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla