Boards < General < Help < wild pet locations?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Eff
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 06:24:40 — Link

does anyone have any information on what kind of pet can be caught where? i'm sorry if this question seems stupid, but i'm still quite new to this place after all. unu

speifically, i want to catch dragons and cockatrices, but knowing the locations of the others would prove useful as well!

It's all in the perception, friend!

• Meesh
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 06:31:32 — Link

No worries, we all started out exactly where you are! XD Personally, I haven't been able to figure out if one creature frequents a certain area more often, but my general assumption is that their patterns are sort of random. You'll have to just guess where to place your catcher, and hope for the best. I would highly reccomend making use of an Observer- that will help you find your creature without having to pay quite so much for it :3 

Flying is just throwing yourself at the ground and missing

• starbit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 06:42:13 — Link

The FAQ says this:

How do I know where to place my catchers?
There are 3 types of locations on the map:
  • Den - Heart of the Forest, Big Tree, Magic glade, Cave (requires Mountaineering Equipment), Old Ruins (requires Mountaineering Equipment), Island (requires Boat)
  • Watering Point - Waterfall, Creek
  • Hunting area - Eastern Fields, Western Fields, Big Field
Wild Pets visit them one by one. Every Wild pet has its Den. From the Den it will move to the Watering Point and then to the Hunting Area. If 2 pets go to the same location but there's a place only for one of them, they will fight and the loser will go back to the Den. You can place Observers to check the current position of the pets and then try to guess where the pets will go on the next turn.

Probably you will want to build Cartographers Guild if you want to focus on catching wild pets. This building allows to see the current positions of wild pets. Please note that these positions will change on the next turn, though it's quite easy to predict where the pet will be on the next turn.

I'm trying to catch Dragons as well and personally I frequent the Creek and Waterfall since without extra equipment you can't access their Den areas. If you miss catching them in these areas I would recommend a Hunting Area in the next turn.

• Lumiesque
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 17:11:54 — Link

I have generally found my cockatrices and dragons at the big tree or big field, most at the big field, no where else.

• Eff
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 19:28:02 — Link

thanks for the info lumiesque!

and yes i have read the FAQ, but it doesn't tell you where a species would most likely be.

• Dr_Starchild
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 21:28:06 — Link

Nah, it's just random. Except they always visit the same 3 locations until they're caught, so if you miss it try next turn.

• Eff
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 01:08:24 — Link

ohh okay. i thought they had certain areas they live in and stuff. thank you as well!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-26 06:24:39 — Link

This is a great forum that talks abotu people's experiences capturing pets. People post there logs here to share and see if there is some sort of pattern and get an understanding of how it works better:

Catchers and Expeditions Chat

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• starbit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 06:32:45 — Link

So sorry about that. My earlier post must have been eaten. :/ I included what the FAQ said and my own experiences with Dragons. But the info I had posted here can also be found in the link Nightingale posted. :)

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 21:37:58 — Link

I had no idea how handy the Observer was. Visiting the same three places until their caught is indeed invaluable info to know. Thanks Dr Starchild!

For my own experience I have caught several cockatrice and unicorns at the waterfall. :) Though it does indeed seem random!

• Eff
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 05:41:27 — Link

thanks for sharing that board link! i think i have a better understanding of the pet catching system now. owo

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla