Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < Ability to cancel/stop auction

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Mildnight
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 03:07:39 — Link

As it happened, I tried to sell something for a few days, but now I've changed my mind, or at least would love to change the price I'm asking...

It would be great if we could cancel or edit sales, at least those with no bids yet, even if it's just to correct the occasionnal mistake.

Still avatar-less? Want something personalised to represent you on-site? I might be able to help you! http://beastkeeper.com/thread/1577/#9243

• Legend-Wolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 19:47:56 — Link

I agree with that.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-25 20:33:54 — Link

All my support.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• LunchInABox
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 20:31:11 — Link

Support

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 20:54:50 — Link

Auctions don't work like that IRL where the current owner can just stand up in the middle of the auction and go "Hey guys? I've changed my mind. Turns out I really regret selling that, I want it back now." He'd be politely asked to leave.

I'd give in an hour "leeway" where the owner can cancel it, even with bids, but after that we've passed the realm of mistake. Honest mistakes are made and I don't want to punish people for that but being indecisive or regretting your choice isn't a mistake. If there are no bids I'd say it can be canceled at any time.

• lililira
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 22:39:40 — Link

You actually can buy out your own auctions without losing anything.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 22:57:22 — Link

anko is right even if you would like to cancel your own auction. its just not something that happens. the only way i see around that is if NO one bid at all you could cancel anytime.

-canceling an auction is one of the WORST practices ive seen on sites where a user runs an auction (even with a disclaimer that i have a right not to have to sell to whoever/to end without warning or what not) it is so stupid to even bid in those ... even if you didnt actually have the money go into the "system reserver" or the bid was on a forum and is still on your account. i avoid ALL auctions like that why would i waste my time on somthing that could be canceled on whim

though depending on the auction lenght the leeway really doesnt seem too plausable.
 - though i can see canceling something that no one is bidding on.
-maybe if someone really wanted to cancel something that has bids on it there would be a fee that the "auction house" charges as punishment for leading people on.

in a non single player game maybe you can message the winning buyer if you can buyback what they purchased, otherwise there really isnt anything that could be done that would make sence to a player base as a whole.

you can buyout your own auction -if you have the funds and you set one ... or you can increase the bid youself by bidding in your own auction, seams odd i did it once cause i had sellers remorse and luckly i won my own pet back @.@. would have loved to cancel it but once people bid its just not fair

• Trojan
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 23:20:28 — Link

Support!!

Been inactive for months, but thinking about coming back for a bit..?

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 23:54:41 — Link

On one hand, people making auctions and then canceling when they don't like the price is really annoying - I have no support for that.

But I'd like to be able to cancel auctions where I forget to change the quantity of Vermillion and get it locked at a 2000 for one price for the rest of the day. 

A time-limited cancelation system would be nice. Or just let people cancel auctions if no one has bidded yet.

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Elviril
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 00:19:56 — Link

yeah, cancelling only the ones that no one bid on should be allowed.

• Kita
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 05:47:25 — Link

I support being able to cancel within the first hour/30 mins, but nothing else.

If you make a mistake with pricing or quantity, you should only need 30 mins-1 hour to be able to cancel it and change it, just check your auction and cancel it if you made a mistake.

Otherwise there's so much room for just leading people on and it's just bad auction practice.  I've never played on a site that allowed cancellation of auctions and I honestly don't think I'd want to just because it doesn't seem right? x_o
  Auctions IRL don't work that way, you gotta be sure of what you're selling before you sell it.

Kita from #3988 on Aywas.

• Gwinni
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 23:09:11 — Link

Support the idea of being able to cancel or edit but only if there are no bids made as that would be unfair on the bidder. Especially if the seller was unhappy the price wasn't high enough and decided to cancelled the sale =/

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 01:15:33 — Link

i support the option to cancel if there are no bids, but items with bids ob should not be able to be cancelled, no matter what the bid is..........also, i dont think you should be able to bid on your own auction

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla