Boards < Community < Writing < Harris Burdick

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-01 22:36:55 — Link

I am really interested in the pictures of Harris Burdick, and I thought I might share a little bit.  I will be doing a story per picture.  

If you dont know who the heck this guy is here is his story: http://www.oregonlive.com/books/index.ssf/2011/11/authors_try_to_unravel_the_mys.html

What happend to him? One theory is that he was absorbed (polyhydraventaltion supposebly thats what it is called) into the photo.  Notice, most of them have a young boy in them.

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-02 23:47:09 — Link

First Story:

This time, she’d gone too far.  Ember had been walking through town, when something struck her eye.  It was and round spherical shape someone was selling.  Ember walked over to the booth.  The boy who was selling it was around 14, he was tall, a broad torso, and had wavy brown hair.  He introduced himself as Estaban. Estaban had a thick Spanish accent; Ember assumed he was from the Middle East.

Estaban started talking, “I see you like the Eye of Titans.  My family has been passing down from generation to generation.  Here, if you buy it I’ll throw in the staff free.”

Ember replied, “I will, but I only have a couple of Euros.”

Estaban said, “That shall do. I’m warning you though, the staff I am selling you I have assembled special.  I put the Eye of Titans on the staff, two very powerful items.  I know by your attire you have used magic before.  This is unlike your average wand. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

“Okay.”

Ember began walking away briskly.  Slowly her pace started speeding to a jog, then a run. She was soon back at her house staring at the pyramid. Ember knew it was the most powerful gift her mother had ever received. Somehow it ended up in the palm of her hands.  Ember knew what she was going to do with it.  She headed back to the middle of town. Ember stood at the center point of everything she had ever known. She held it up to the sky and started mumbling.

When she was young her parents had died leaving only a note saying that she was not to leave the city.  Ember’s guardian, Alex, was in charge now.  Ember knew if her parents were around now it would be different.  Alex had very strict orders; she would even keep a list of what to do and what precise time to do it.

Then there was a great explosion of blue light streaking across the sky. The whole world was gradually disappearing.  Although Ember knew that the pyramid would not destroy her possessions or property, but it would do away with her if she was not at her house back in time.  Ember raced back to her house as fast as she could run.  Once she was inside she locked the door and slammed her back against the wall and slid down till she was alongside the door sitting.

Alex walked in, and instantaneously she knew she would have to be lectured. Then there was someone knocking on the door. Ember slowly stood up and turned around and opened the door. It was Estaban.

Estaban started talking, “I was walking to your house when you zoomed by. What is going on?”

Alex replied, “Yes, what is going on Ember. Would you like to explain now?”

Ember started to tell them about the whole story. They were surprised about what Ember told them about. They were all silent for a couple of minutes.

Alex said, “Wow!  I never would have expected that from you.  Now what are we supposed to do now.”

Ember walked slowly over to the window she suddenly saw a ray of hope, she squealed with delight, “Guys I think I have found the solution.” Estaban and Alex walked over to the window and knew exactly what Ember meant.  There was a path that stretched beyond what the eye could see. “How is this possible I used the pyramid to rid of the rest of the world?” She remarked.

Alex replied, “I guess just one of the coincidental miracles in life.”

Estaban began speaking, “I will go with Ember to see if we can find the answer to our problem.  Alex you stay here to keep things in place.”

Everyone Okayed the idea. Estaban and Ember were on their way to see if they could find Hyrax, the almighty dragon. They followed the path until Ember started talking, “Thanks for getting Alex off my back. She is sort of a pain sometimes.”

Estaban blushed, “Oh that was nothing.  Sometimes the words just start flowing and I just cannot stop babbling. It’s okay if you want me to stop talking to you.  Okay I will be quiet now I know just what kind of situation you are in right now” He sighed.

“No, it’s okay I just can’t imagine what is going on right now. My brain is having problems digesting it. Can I tell you something?”

“Yeah, sure anything what is it?”

“My parents, they died when trying to use the pyramid. Instead of making the whole world disappear, they made themselves disappear. Their whole bodies vanished into thin air, but when they vanished they dropped the pyramid.  Alex found it a few days later and kept it.  After that a few more months she adopted me. I was only two so I cannot remember much. The whole time Alex had been studying the pyramid. What she discovered made the missing like to my whole life, it was from my dad to my mother.  I cannot vouch for myself, but that is the story I have heard from everyone around me.”

“Wow!”

“What?”

“I just thought Alex was your mother.”

“Nope, sadly my parents are gone forever.”

The rest of the walk was silent until they came to a huge mountain. There was a trail, but most of the edges of the mountains were filled with loose rocks.  Estaban spoke,” I guess we will just have to walk up the rocky edges.  As Alex would say ‘one of life’s making up for the miracle’.” Ember just started giggling.

They had a long conversation up the hill, but once they reached the cave everything was silent. Ember’s legs started to feel like noodles, but she knew she had to do this.  Estaban followed closely behind. All of a sudden torches lit the halls of the cave. Finally they could see Hyrax. Estaban and Ember stopped in their tracks and their hearts froze. Hyrax came forth.

Hyrax had a low tone accent, which would strike fear even into the bravest warrior still he spoke, “I smell the blood of Alberto. It is coming from the boy. Is your grandfather Alberto.”

Estaban quivered, “Why yes, yes he is.  Why?”

“He stole the Eye of Titans many moons ago.  I can even sense the Eye of Titans among us. Give it now or pay the toll.”

Ember started to hand it to Hyrax when her hand froze up in midair.  Ember talked timidly, “I will if you return the world to its normal self. Until then you may not have it. It is all depending on your choice.”

Hyrax replied, “Okay, and I will restore your parents, so when you get home, it would have been how it should have been.” Hyrax restored the world. Ember then handed over the staff along with the Eye of Titans.

“Oh yeah” Ember said, “Is there any possible way for you to get Estaban and I back home quicker than the way we came?”

“Yes, I believe so.” Hyrax waved is arm and within seconds Ember and Estaban were back at Ember’s house.

Something was different though.  It must just be the feeling Ember that to herself. Although there was something truly altered about her house, it was the feeling to have her parents there once again.

Everything went smooth after that. Ember had the family of her dreams, Estaban ended up dating Ember, and Estaban started to live with them. The beginning of the story is just unfolding.

Picture:

I couldnt find a picture with the caption but, the caption is: "This time she had gone to far" 

• Fantasied
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-03 06:07:40 — Link

(Sorry to interuppt) Haris Burdick is my favorite story I need tyou to write more!

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-05 03:53:38 — Link

Thank you for the great feedback!  I dont no how  soon I'll have the next one done, but it will be pretty soon... For your preference, what picture should I do now that I  have the Missing in Venice (Magician) one done?

• Fantasied
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-06 00:45:54 — Link

I really liked The House on Maple Street or Univited Guest but Missing in Venice is a good one to.

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-06 23:42:41 — Link

The Univited Guest I think will be the next one I do.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla