Maybe

2 votes / 40%
No

3 votes / 60%
« Prev | 1 | Next »

• ana24
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-02 11:41:54 — Link

Can we please have an exhibit for people with no awards?

Or at the very least a slightly fairer system.

Because it seems to me that most people that already have awards or have strong pets are getting most of the prizes where as people without awards or strong pets are not.

Take me for example i have entered many of these exhibits but the closest i ever get is within the top 100 which is all well and good but i never the really good prizes like the lykos eggs or rainbow jar

Thanks Ana24

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-02 12:11:04 — Link

What exactly are you suggesting? An exhibit where only people who have no awards can participate? I highly doubt that such exclusion would ever be allowed. While it may seem unfair to you the exhibitions put everyone on an equal playing field. Everyone is allowed to enter and everyone is judged with the same parameters.

People with "strong pets" winning as you said is to be expected and is what's meant to happen. This is a breeding site after all where your goal should be to breed the best pets possible. The exhibitions are a way for people to show off their accomplishments with successful pets and to be rewarded for their hard work.

The people who have awards have earned them and many have been on BK for a long time and have worked hard to accomplish what they have. And the current awards people have has no relevance here; Lytala is in first place in the exhibition right now and is ahead by almost 2k points and she has no awards.

I've been an active member on BK since December 16, 2014, less than 2 months now, and I've managed to make it to 5-6 place (thebeastkeeper and I keep passing eachother). It takes patience and effort to win these things but it can be done.

• ana24
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-02 12:52:55 — Link

yes i know that lytala is in first but look at the top 5 of them 3 have awards (even though you and thebeastkeeper keep pasing each other)

And if you look at the top 61 down no one has an award (not counting bug squishing) but going up there are quite a few

Also the main point gain for this one is exploring islands so even though breeding helps it's not a big facter

So hence my suggestion to give a chance to people without awards by having an exhibit for them only

Also i have my highest explorer and strongest pets out and they keep being pushed back. i have gone back from 28 to 44 already

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-02 15:34:03 — Link

You do realize that good breeding not being a huge factor in this one makes this an easier challenge, right? This way even new users could participate in it, which is why I was able to enter this time. I knew I wouldn't have been able to qualify in the others so I just didn't bother entering.

This time is different. Even though I've been around less than 2 months I have my highest explorer in the 600s, and my other 4 are around 100. They're all Symurghs which gives me a 10% bonus.

I don't think that is a good suggestion because it's taking the users and saying some just aren't allowed to enter. The awards are something to work for; what your suggestion is doing is just taking out the competition for yourself. And, no offense, even if all of the users above you in the rankings with awards were removed you still wouldn't be in the top 5. There are plenty of users without awards up in the top 100.  76/100 at the moment do not have any.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-02-03 06:09:22 — Link

Ana24- I understand where you are coming from. However, I don't think I fully agree. 

I've been on the site since it started. I've also been an active member. I am on every day, multiple times a day. I do all my daily activities and sometimes a little exploring, or battling. Yet last week was the first time I had won a competition. I consider myself to be fairly well off. However, there are people on the site who contribute a lot every day. They spend a lot of time, or at least effort, in doing what they do. And this shows in the placement of exhibitions. Exhibitions are meant to be a goal for people to strive for. They aren't supposed to be easy. 

I like to think I have strong pets... however last week was the first time that it proved to be useful in an exhibition. Often I don't see that "strong" pets win, but the player who is tactful. We have had exhibits for many random things... even colors were considered part of an exhibition scoring. I see that many of the winners tend to take advantage of the "same species" bonus, or GP bonus.

So we already haev exhibitions for people that don't have "strong pets" or experience. These are ones that have a more even chance of winning. 

And heck, I'm in 79th place, you are ahead of me. Look at my pets. I have decently strong ones. But exploring isn't my strong suit (and I've sold most of those pets anyway). And I've been here since the start! You would think with all that time I would be way ahead. Having so many pets though has also made that harder because my explores are so spread out. 

I do see where you are coming from. And I do sympathize. I was in your position until last week. I was always hanging around the top 10 or 20... close, but not quite there to win anything. 

Sorry :/

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• birdlove
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-04 14:10:53 — Link

I agree with Sylviianel and Nightingale. First of all exhibition is a challenge, a server wide competition that proves that your pets are the best on the whole server if you win. It's not supposed to be easy. Second, there are different type of exhibitions. I remember a couple of exhibits that had completely random modifiers. It was just pure luck to roll high values for your pets. Or other exhibitions that were color targeted. "Strong" players tend to breed their pets looking at the genetics first, and color doesn't have a big value for them, so they don't collect 10 extra rare similar snow leopard pumas that doesn't have anything valuable except their color. I'm an old player but I have chances only in the exhibitions that are battlefield related. This is my favorite part of game if not to mention events, and I'm simply too lazy and often just don't have time to work on anything else except my two squads. I don't play every day and I don't spend hours exploring and battling my pets; I just log in for 15-20 minutes, go to battlefield and quests, sometimes check trades and forums and that's all. You can't be successful in all game layers unless you're playing it 24/7 and constantly expand your stables. There's just too many variety and different parameters that can be used for exhibitions, and you'll never guess which one will be the next. You just need to wait for one that will be dedicated to your favorite part of game and you game specialization.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla