Boards < General < Help < Breeding & Custom Skins question!

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 17:13:26 — Link

So, I recently applied the gorgeous Blue Jay Tabby skin to my pet Jay (appropriately named, I know, haha)

One thing I'm not very clear on is whether the skins are then passed on through breeding? Is there a chance the babies will come out with Blue-Jay colouring as well? Or is it purely a decorative thing? 

* Winter is coming *

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 17:26:19 — Link

Purely a decorative thing.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 17:27:15 — Link

Well. I can see that getting really, really confusing once more custom skins are uploaded and no-one knows if it's a custom skin or not. Especially if all the genetics aren't researched and stuff like that.

EDIT: Which I suppose leads on to my next question - can the skins be removed? Now that I know they can't be passed on, I don't really want this skin, haha.

* Winter is coming *

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 17:50:53 — Link

^ Bump for new question, sorry! My gripe is sort of that there was nothing saying that the process was irreversable, and, well. I'd really like to reverse it. Either through an item or something, I don't mind! I don't even want the Rainbow Jar back.

* Winter is coming *

• Sylverwyng
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 22:50:24 — Link

Hmm..this is the reason I went with a custom lineart change, rather than a color change. I changed my blue dragon into a custom blue dragon. Cause I wasn't sure if babies would have a chance to get a skin.

I wish Angel would post here with definitive answers on this. I didn't even think about the skin not breeding, when I bought the Jar. *shrug*

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 00:25:12 — Link

Pretty much. I assumed the skin would be passed on - which is my own mistake, as I see its written on the FAQ that it isn't - but then I also figured that there would be an item in place in case a skin was applied by mistake or someone changed their mind. 

I just don't want to have wasted getting my pet all the way up only to have to sell or discard it just because I can't remove the skin, y'know?

* Winter is coming *

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-27 14:32:31 — Link

The custom skins aren't inheritable. They affect only pet's appearence, not genetics. This is like in the real life: a child won't inherit his mother's hair color if she dyed her hair.

We will add an easy way to see if the skin is custom in pet's profile. Thanks for suggestion, this is useful and necessary addition.

Concerning the cancellation of custom skin, right now there's no way to do this. We will add a new item purchasable for silver coins to do this. It won't be totally free action. Using the parallels from real life once more, dying your hair back to your normal color isn't free if you didn't like the new color of your hair.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 16:08:25 — Link

Ah, so there is a plan in place to have an item do this? I totally expect to pay for it, I'm fine with that - but there IS one coming, right? Cos if there is, I'll hold on to my Gryphon till then.

EDIT: Oh, well, never mind, haha. Looks like someones already put a bid on him. Live and learn! 

* Winter is coming *

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla