Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Arena: Draw does not subtract energy

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Liandralithe
  • User

Posted at 2015-01-20 02:39:58 — Link

Just like when you are in islands and a draw does not subtract from your energy, I would really like it if you are battling in arena, if there is a draw, energy is not subtracted like it is when you win/lose. Would make training in the arena just a little bit easier.

Any negatives?

Always looking for the following: Mutagen, Change Sex Scrolls, Rainbow Jars

I need: 2 Money Tree Saplings; 3 Nightcat; 1 Warehouse (lvl 6)

I have: 1 Spirit in a Jar; 1 Snake Eye

Have Ice Breath + Ice Aura Lykos and Lightning Rocs for Sale

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-01-20 03:13:20 — Link

This always confused me that it wasn't consistant between the arena, battlefield and island. 

I remember asking why it did that once to Angel (about the battlefield). She said becaues your squad still took the move and attacked. It did not defeat them, but they still used energy to subtract. A reasonable answer... the part that hung me up after that is that a draw counts as a loss, or at least it did.. or maybe I'm crazy.... I guess I'm still unclear as to what a draw counts to the other person... I mean they neither won nor loss, but in terms of the map they did not have to yield their space... so yeah, many things to think of. I think I started to get off topic.... *slips away*

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-01-21 12:54:18 — Link

On Arena the draw doesn't count neither as victory nor as loss for both parties. Arena always takes 1 energy point for battle. 

In Explore only losses take energy while victories and draws don't. This is the price that a pet has to pay to recover  from wounds and continue exploring. The energy for movement and successful fights is averaged to 5 points that and substracted when a  pet enters the island. 

On the Battlefield there are no draws. To win you need to fight better than your opponent and force him to leave the area where his squad built a camp. Your opponent is defending the point and doesn't need any additional efforts to overcome the squad on the new territory and take it. You as attacker has to do this. In terma of tactics it's always easier to defend than to attack. Just like on Arena, your squad spends the energy no matter what the result is; your pets have moved in any case but in case of loss they had to retreat.

• Liandralithe
  • User

Posted at 2015-01-21 17:24:46 — Link

Okay. That makes sense. Guess this suggestion is unneeded then.

Always looking for the following: Mutagen, Change Sex Scrolls, Rainbow Jars

I need: 2 Money Tree Saplings; 3 Nightcat; 1 Warehouse (lvl 6)

I have: 1 Spirit in a Jar; 1 Snake Eye

Have Ice Breath + Ice Aura Lykos and Lightning Rocs for Sale

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla