Boards < Community < Groups < Inbreeding for deviants?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Senorali
  • User

Posted at 2015-01-10 08:51:02 — Link

Do pets bred purely for aesthetics have market value, or do people expect them to also have decent genes in addition to deviant aesthetics?

If people do indeed breed for aesthetics (deviants) with no regard for genes, is there any deterrence against inbreeding in this case?

Pull no punches.

• Argy717
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-16 06:16:09 — Link

I myself would prefer a non degenerated deviant. If it's a deviant, I would want mine to impressive all around, and I think it definetely drops the market value of the pet. At least, I wouldn't pay the same for it. Other people would say differently. You could always breed down the line to get rid of the degen and still have a chance at a deviant. That is what I would do if I had one, assuming he or she had the right partner. It's really a biased topic I think. Some people don't mind, some do. Some collect deviants only because they are deviant, but others are looking for a more high quality pet. See what I'm saying? It's quite biased, so there is no right or wrong answer. :) Happy breeding

P.S To you - or anyone whos interested, I have a deviant roc with homozygous diluted genes. He is on the breeding market or for sale for 40k

~Stars are only visible in Darkness~

• Senorali
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-16 11:43:03 — Link

Thank you for the reply. I sell deviants rather than collect them, but best of luck with your roc. I've started breeding them since making this post and now have a general idea of how much they sell for and what people want. I try to keep all their stats black or green, at the very least.

Pull no punches.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-10 08:21:07 — Link

Isn't this suppose to be in the help section? Or is this a breeding group for deviants / double deviants?

Anyways, personally I agree with Argy717, would rather they have good genes, but I've sold a Red Dragon deveiant with degen 2, for 50k, because I accidentally inbred two together thinking they were both clean. He was sold off pretty quickly too, as not even a day past before someone bought him. Though my 2nd deviant, a Blue Roan Unicorn (I'm auctioning), doesn't have as much luck as the first, even with her being a GP3, no degen, and have a few good genes. -- So it could go either way.

Ps. If you want to compare the two deviants, they are http://beastkeeper.com/pet/541347 -- The dragon and http://beastkeeper.com/pets/48646/1 -- the unicorn.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla