Boards < General < General Chat < Battlefield courtesy?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• nb
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-01 06:10:11 — Link

I am new to the battlefield. I was wondering if the battlefield is all-out "may the best squads win" competition, or if there are any rules of  courtesy I should know about? I have been on the portal for about a day now and was expecting to get attacked relentlessly, but have only been attacked once so far, so I am a bit confused. (Lots of squads surounding me are a lot stronger than mine!). I hope I haven't broken a lot of courtesy rules already in the short time I've been on the battlefield! Does anybody have any experience/guidance they could share with me about this?

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-12-01 15:38:28 — Link

Officially there are no "courtesy" rules. The battlefield is meant to be a place where people can develop their squads, battle others, and hold key places on the map... It is a mass battle- so people are meant to fight one another and win. The cunning or strong are generally victorious. Anyone can attack provided they have the energy, you can be booted from your spot at anytime (before the prizes).

That being said. It doesn't mean that you can't work with others. Similar to the way people were helping each other during the Kami event. Many people would post their times and assist others in getting to certain areas, or put up weak squads for people to gain wins. The thought it that you would not want to be booted a few minutes before your turn (since times are not visible to others), so why boot someone else when you could patiently wait until they were done, then boot them or move in if they leave. Also, by working together we are stronger as a group, than pitted against each other.

I see arguments for both sides. On the one hand- to the victor (the strong) go the spoils. We are meant to battle and such, as that is the intent of the battlfield. However, people working together creates commerce and community (I met many people during the Kami event that I would not have otherwise, and started breeding groups from that!). So maybe balance is best :)

However, people should not feel personally targeted either, since the intent is to attack people. Nor should this work in the opposite.

Maybe you haven't been attacked because non-premium users can't see your moves and don't want to try their luck, or perhaps they don't want to move onto the portal or aren't actively fighting on the field. I'm on a lot, but  I don't battle a lot because my phone does not like the battlefield interface. :P

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• nb
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-02 03:44:32 — Link

Thank you so much Nightingale!!!

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-03 11:23:41 — Link

It often bounds down to this: it's free-for-all, but there are many players who won't attack you if you haven't attacked them.

Myself, I only kick others off the portal if they've been sitting there for too many days -- or if they haven't grabbed the daily trade by the end of the day. No reason to let those go to waste.

• nb
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-03 20:08:52 — Link

Thank you Zaltys!  That helps a lot!!!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla