Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Ability to quit quests

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 01:40:38 — Link

Hi there!

Just a small suggestion from me. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's changed their mind or regretted going on a quest. Well, it would be great to have an option to cancel the quest - unless the option to do so already exists and it's really, really well hidden.

* Winter is coming *

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 01:56:54 — Link

Support.

#33507 on Aywas

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-24 03:11:20 — Link

I agree! Sometimes I want my pet for exploring or something ^^

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Kolibri
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 08:38:47 — Link

The problem I see with this is that once a pet is entered into a quest, it's zapped of all it's energy anyways. Canceling the quest would still leave you with an energy-less pet, which renders it useless for a time. Even if you suggest quitting a quest will give you back your energy, that doesn't seem right. I see it going like this; Someone decides to enter a pet in a quest. On a whim, they want to go exploring but have no pets with energy. That's not a problem, just quit a quest and have another pet to explore with again.

I think of it like battling while you're exploring. Whether you lose or quit, the two outcomes force you to leave the island. In this respect, I can't support a quest quitting option unless it still leaves your pet unusable for explore/other tasks.

My thoughts on this could change when tomorrow rolls around, as I want to test something. As of now though, no support from me.

"You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants a magical solution for their problem, and everyone refuses to believe in magic."

- Jefferson/The Mad Hatter, Once Upon a Time

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 16:01:32 — Link

The problem I see with this is that once a pet is entered into a quest, it's zapped of all it's energy anyways. Canceling the quest would still leave you with an energy-less pet, which renders it useless for a time. Even if you suggest quitting a quest will give you back your energy, that doesn't seem right. I see it going like this; Someone decides to enter a pet in a quest. On a whim, they want to go exploring but have no pets with energy. That's not a problem, just quit a quest and have another pet to explore with again.

I think of it like battling while you're exploring. Whether you lose or quit, the two outcomes force you to leave the island. In this respect, I can't support a quest quitting option unless it still leaves your pet unusable for explore/other tasks.

My thoughts on this could change when tomorrow rolls around, as I want to test something. As of now though, no support from me.

Oh, I don't think it should give the energy back - to be honest, I wasn't even aware that the energy was sapped after finishing a quest XD Now that I know that, I think it shouldn't give the energy back, but still be quittable. 

* Winter is coming *

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 18:01:22 — Link

if you can cancel training a pet during the time limit (befor the energy is used) you should be able to cancel a quest befor the energy is used

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla