Boards < General < General Chat < How important are pet names?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• lamarqueisdead
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-18 02:02:59 — Link

I have noticed that in places such as the pet auctions and Pound, people don't tend to name the pets that they put up for sale/adoption. I have also noticed that some pets, even ones that have been bred and leveled up, are never named.

Are for sale/adoption pets left unnamed so the new owner can name them whatever they like, instead of being stuck with a name they don't like? Yet I see pets for sale with names, so I assume that there are some people who are less fussy about pet names than others.

Are names not important? I see that pets can be named pretty much anything, so it's not like you can be the only person here with a pet named "Bob".

I guess it's because a pet doesn't need a name to be sold/traded/bred, but having pages upon pages of "Nameless, Nameless, Nameless" in your stables would get confusing, I'd imagine, with active pet switching and stuff. I'd say that giving a pet a name gives it a personality, but these are pixels on the internet, so I'm not sure if there's a strong emotional attachment that way...

I'm sorry, the signature that you are attempting to reach is not available. Please leave a message at the tone. *beep*

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-09-18 18:27:24 — Link

It can be very confusing.

You see once you name a pet you need an amnesia potion to remove the name. Those are quite expensive and rare- so once you name a pet it sticks. I believe the logic is that in real life you don't really change an pets name over and over again- especially after you train it!

That is why so many people leave pets nameless- it makes them easier to sell. I only name pets that I know I'm keeping. But most of my pets I haven't decided on yet.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• lamarqueisdead
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-19 01:37:48 — Link

I see. I guess if the pet is left nameless, yeah, the new owner can choose to name it whatever they like, and there's no rush to name pets. That way, you don't have a guy collecting British royalty-named pets who gets stuck with "Happy Sparkles".

That makes sense. My curiosity's been satiated.

I'm sorry, the signature that you are attempting to reach is not available. Please leave a message at the tone. *beep*

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-09-20 05:13:09 — Link

Yeah... It can be a bit of a pain. But it makes sense. 

Your example made me laugh :P 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• lamarqueisdead
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-20 20:05:21 — Link

Thanks!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla