Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #26

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-09-15 00:46:37 — Link

Exhibitions Report

The 9th exhibition "Black Pearls" has ended. 282 Beastlords have applied their pets to compete for the prize.

Now it is time to announce the winners!

1. Dreamss (#9437)
  2. Karakurt (#14332)
  3. Anduin91 (#14895)
  4. emmie1977 (#304)
  5. Zaltys (#8477)

Registration for the next exhibition is open!

The Pianist by Imitatia

The theme of this week's exhibition is "Art Fair". All pets with one or more of the following dominant genes may take part: Musical beak, Musical larynx, Song of Peace, Agile paws, Artisan, Gracefulness, Fragrance.

Please read the full exhibition rules on the exhibition page.

The Town Council invites Beastlords and their most talented pets to participate in the Art Fair! The most artistic companies will get valuable prizes.

Each participating pet passes a preliminary test upon registration to figure out the skill and the art style of this pet. Skill value varies from 5 to 10 points. The talent of a pet is calculated as (number of thematic genes x skill).

Your pet will randomly choose one the five available art styles: Classic, Modern, Experimental, Folk, Popular.

All applied pets will get tags with test results that will be visible in their profiles until the end of exhibition.

Participate in Exhibition

Game Updates

1. Arena now have pagination for battle applications.
  2. Hover over your pet in battle to quick view its characteristics.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-15 05:07:23 — Link

Such an interesting contest lmao XD

had giggled when one of my pets liked 'folk' music and the rest were like classics or modern XD

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-09-15 14:16:49 — Link

<p>Thanks Angel! What a unique contest- I like it!</p>

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-15 14:24:50 — Link

I'm also in love with the contest :D

On a different note though (get it? Note? huahua.. *cough* sorry :P): On the battle page the pagination doesnt seem to work for me.. I have tried clicking either the Random button as well as the page buttons directly, but nothing happens. I'm using Chrome, might it have to do with that?

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-15 14:39:02 — Link

@Timain

i get it, and this contest I think i'm just participating but maybe not so much aiming to win just cause my pets can't pick up enough notes XD

...wait, what 'random"?

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-15 15:46:05 — Link

Ahaha. All the pets that I've named after music themes are... actually rather lousy at it. 

I'm a bit disappointed to see so many unicorns among the leaders, though. Would've been nice to see more birds in there, but I guess the gene selection favors unicorns (...again). 

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-15 16:00:52 — Link

The profiles of the pets I entered say toxin isomer and toxin power, not style and skill.

I wish for future exhibitions, particularly those that have some random element, that we could see all potential entrant's exhibition stats before entering them so we don't have to waste so much silver finding the best line-up.

I know I have little chance of winning exhibitions with my current pets but I still want to be able to show my best stuff without spending more than the 5k silver you get from participating.

Breeder of trash deviants

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-15 16:03:29 — Link

Oops, I just reported that profile problem on the bug board. 

Great idea, by the way. It took quite a while (hours) to manually switch out so many pets, just to check which ones were the best. It was rather costly, too.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-15 16:14:04 — Link

i agree with Lytala

*pokes Zaltys* heya, been wondering, who is that in your avatar/icon?

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-15 16:35:10 — Link

So I retried my Battle-problem. First I went to IE, it worked fine there. Then I hard-refreshed (Ctrl+F5) on the Battle page in Chrome and now it's working here too. 

And sorry NightbaneWolf, I meant Refresh not Random button >_<

That's what I get for not proof-reading :(

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-15 16:46:45 — Link

ohh okay,lol

i thought the 'random' as in it randomly picks a pet on the arena and lets you fight it, like the suggestion someone mentioned before...i was so excited XD

• sosochan
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-17 01:21:21 — Link

conratulations for the winners .. good exhibition :)

but as usual I have no luck with those exhbitions , seems that I'll never win * dreaming of winning XD * , anyway I'll do my best ^^"

good luck every one ..

and Timain I have the same problem •_• I'm using firefox and the pagination doesn't work too .. so what should I do ?

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-17 12:19:11 — Link

Did you try the hard refresh (= pressing Shift and F5)? That did it for me.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-17 12:27:45 — Link

Timain, it doesn't work for me as well *on ipad*

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-09-17 20:14:56 — Link

NightbaneWolf, please clear your browser cache. Obviously touch devices don't have hard refresh possibility, so you need to do it through browser options.

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla