Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < New Beast Breed Suggestion: Bearlike Beast (Otso)

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• BloodLadenWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-12 22:56:01 — Link

So I sketched up a suggestion for a new beast. A bearlike creature Otso. I was reading through some mythological creatures, and Otso piqued my interest. Supposedly in finnish mythology Otso,the spirit of the bear, was referred to as friend, brother, uncle, or forestcousin, but he was also commonly refferred to the king of the forest!

Some sub-traditions considered the bear to be a relative who had fled the community and been transmogrified by the power of the forest.

As for genetics I thougth maybe it would have special genes similar to those the Gryphon has.

**New colours! Ginger, Honey, Silver and Chocolate!**

Otso SilverOtso HoneyOtso GingerOtso ChocolateOtso Black

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-08-13 22:23:20 — Link

I love this idea!

For possible genes I suggest that it could have: Sharp Claws, Beserker or Gladiator or Unbridled attack, strong muscles, sharp horns (increase blow damage), thick fur (increases defense stats).

How should we acquire 'em? I think it would be neat if we could do this on the explore map.

Also I love your art- such a neat style! :D

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• BloodLadenWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-16 00:18:43 — Link

Ahhh sorry I didn't see your message sooner!

I really dig the genes you suggested especially the thought of it having the zerker or the Unbridled attack! and the thick fur, or maybe thick hide, and shap horns are great as well.

It would be neat seeing them being incorperated in some event maybe on the explore map and they would be a very rare occurrance and tough to beat or something. If the design is liked enough it could be worked on, and possibly released as a winter thing for some holiday event which brings me to my second suggestion of possibly setting up an arctic area to explore on the map!

You all have a wide range of different  biomes to explore but i thought it would be cool ^v^ But of course with creating a new area, new items need to be incorperated to be harvested and I haven't given that a whole lot of thought just yet.

Regarding the design, if it appeares too bland and more needs to be added to it to make it look a little more interesting I'd e more than willing to toy with it a bit! I have ideas as far as different fur patterns and markings go, and colours and all that jazz so yee~

And thankies hun! It was really fun to draw! 

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-16 11:39:00 — Link

I like this idea a lot. As for colours, it could have mainly "real" bear colourations and the result of adding them together.

As for colour genes I was thinking: Brown, Black, White, Red (from Little Pandas), Cream (don't think this really exists, but seems like a "natural" extension) and Gray (some bears occur in more grayish tones after all).

Patterns could inlcude Normal, Brindled, Panda, Spectacled, Sun (Sun Bear has a lighter face and a light "necklace" around its throat - google has nice pictures ofc)

What do you think?

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-08-16 15:30:19 — Link

If I recall correctly bears can be of a honey or blonde coloration. Rare, but possible, at least in North America. It is called Kermode:

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-16 15:38:06 — Link

Ahh that's nice, that colour is actually exactly what I had in mind when I thought of Cream. Makes me wonder if I maybe saw one of these before and subconsciously made the connection xD

Well, at either rate, then I would change my colour ratings to Brown, Black, White, Red, Gray and Cream as the least powerful. 

• BloodLadenWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-18 04:50:42 — Link

Ahh I love the ideas ^v^
I've made examples of each colour variation and will update the visual examples soon~

• BloodLadenWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-22 00:29:55 — Link

Annnnnd the new colours are posted =v=

• Gryphonfire
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-23 05:05:34 — Link

I WANT BEARS. (make a panda o3o)

Well, bears are supposed to have super good smelling. Maybe some gene connected to that? Anosmia (which wikipedia says means having no sense of smell) which makes fragerance and stench mute while in battle. While having a super sense of smell gives some kind of bonus. Although i don't have an idea what yet.

Maybe the super sense of smell could help find items or something in explore, except we have astrologist for that.

Intimidating Look, kinda like the petrifying gaze, but lowering courage or damage of the opponent. Bears are big and scary looking.

Just spit-balling some ideas out.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-08-23 05:35:22 — Link

Maybe: Strong nose- gives the Otso an increased chance of finding double materials/food in explore?

I like that idea Gryphonfire!

Fiercesome look could apply to the bear too.

• BloodLadenWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-29 21:01:11 — Link

^v^ well i shall work on a series of markings and link them them in the post once completed, and update with a list of genetics and their functions that have been suggested by you guys, and some i've composed myself and see how people fancy it <3

• Yodra
  • User

Posted at 2015-01-12 00:36:41 — Link

These all sound really great, I totally support this idea!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla