Boards < General < General Chat < Catchers and Expeditions Chat

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 8 9 | Next »

• starbit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 18:06:57 — Link

Share the results of your expeditions and your hypothesis on the best way to catch creatures.

I'm mainly interested in catching Dragons so that's what I've been focusing on. They seem to start at the Cave and Island areas (which have special requirements to access) and move to the Waterfall then the Big Field. Although Pumas also like to travel to the Waterfall and have often defeated the Dragons there and then scare away my Reptile Catcher.

• Mars
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 18:36:23 — Link

I've been desperately hunting for Gryphons-- they're usually found and caught at the Waterfall. At least, for me. I've also caught a Roc at the waterfall. They seem to also come from the Fields or the Ruins to the waterfall. Ironically, not from the big tree... xD

• lililira
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 18:45:19 — Link

I've gotten lucky and caught three pets so far. I personally don't like unicorns as much as some of the other species, so I thought about giving any I caught away to newbies, but the one I just got is a real beauty.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-23 18:52:42 — Link

No pets for me :'(

Feb 23, 2013 18:19:03
There's no one at Eastern Fields.
Your catcher saw how a Dragon flew from the Island to Creek.
Your Mammal Catcher was attacked by a Dragon at the Creek. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Creek to Big tree.
Your Reptile Catcher was attacked by a Unicorn at the Big tree. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Feb 23, 2013 12:51:01
There's no one at Western Fields.
Your catcher saw how a Gryphon flew from the Cave to Eastern Fields.
Your Mammal Catcher was attacked by a Gryphon at the Eastern Fields. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Big Field to Waterfall.
Your catcher saw how a Roc flew from the Big Field to Waterfall.
Your Bird Catcher was attacked by a Unicorn at the Waterfall. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your Bird Catcher tried to catch a Roc at the Waterfall and ran away to save his life.
Feb 23, 2013 06:04:02
There's no one at Heart of the Forest.
Your catcher saw how a Dragon flew from the Creek to Western Fields.
Your Bird Catcher found Dragon at the Western Fields. Fortunately, the animal didn't notice him.
Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Big tree to Eastern Fields.
Your Reptile Catcher was attacked by a Unicorn at the Eastern Fields. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Feb 23, 2013 02:04:02
Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Waterfall to Magic Glade.
Your Magic Catcher tried to catch a Unicorn at the Magic Glade and ran away to save his life.
Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Creek to Big tree.
Your Bird Catcher was attacked by a Unicorn at the Big tree. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your catcher saw how a Puma came from the Big Field to Heart of the Forest.
Your Mammal Catcher tried to catch a Puma at the Heart of the Forest and ran away to save his life.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• starbit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 18:55:54 — Link

Mars, I've seen a Gryphon in the Big Field but the only thing I've seen at the Waterfall are Dragons and Pumas.

Lililira, I've only been able to catch two (on the same expedition, of course xD) and you're right that Unicorn is really pretty.

Fya, that's some horrible luck. Your catchers seem to be running for their lives quite often. xD

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-23 19:00:39 — Link

Yupee. They probably saw me while hunting and that scared them! x)

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Lumiesque
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 19:12:46 — Link

I've never caught a gryphon, none of my catchers have ever even seen a gryphon. I caught one roc today, but it was my least favorite coloration.

I've seen most rocs at the waterfall, and cockatrices and dragons in the field. Unicorns in the forest.

• Lyrakish
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 19:19:31 — Link

I've caught a Red Leopard Puma and a Montagu's Harrier Gryphon aaaaaand a Barn Owl Roc.

I'm rather Lucky it seems XD  Will be selling the Roc perhaps.

• starbit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 19:24:50 — Link

Mie, I haven't seen any cockatrices at all. Not that I'm complaining. I don't really like them and I'd must prefer my Reptile Catcher catch a Dragon.

Lyra, nice catches!

• Lyrakish
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 19:27:43 — Link

They are lovely! I want more Pumas, I love all the colours.

• NightMother
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 20:35:25 — Link

I didn't write it down, what catcher catches what? I know mammal is unicorn and puma? XD

• lililira
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 21:56:43 — Link

Lyra, not only is that Red Leopard beautiful, she's also got some really awesome stats on her.

• seph
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 22:13:44 — Link

Feb 23, 2013 22:04:05 Your catcher saw how a Gryphon flew from the Big Field to Creek.
Your Bird catcher caught a Gryphon at the Creek. See the pet.
Your catcher saw how a Roc flew from the Big Field to Waterfall.
Your Bird catcher caught a Roc at the Waterfall. See the pet.
There's no one at Big Field.

Wooohoo that makes 2 pets in one go. xD

Who else thinks that's awesome?

Pet Sales

Item Sales

Need a pet for building?

Then visit the Builders Help to get an assistant.

• Amberfly
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 22:16:50 — Link

My first catcher brouhgt back this gryphon http://beastkeeper.com/pet/4358, but the other two came back empty-handed. I haven't researched his genes yet, but I'm happy with his stats, and he's so pretty! Now if only my next group of catchers would bring something in.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 22:20:49 — Link

I'm hunting rocs but have barely even seen any. My hunters spotted one last round though and hopefully they can catch it. I've tried to situate three hunters in good catching positions so we'll see in around four hours.

I've also not seen a gryphon or cockatrice.

I've gotten a unicorn at the waterfall and a dragon at the big field. The dragon isn't very good but the unicorn has a mix of good and bad genes judging from it's stats.

Lyrakish, I would love to buy your roc if you decide to sell it. And havn't already sold it. XD

« Prev | 1 2 ... 8 9 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla