Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-23 17:52:54 — Link

No longer relavent....

Maybe this isn't a viable solution for the future when we actually have more pets and more people capturing wild pets....

I've seen a lot of people in other sites asking about the pound.  And it has been empty when i've checked... Maybe just to get things going could there be a few randomly generated pets?

I'm not sure how this would affect the economy so any input or suggestions are welcome.

EDIT:

"I think the main point behind my suggestion is until we have a pet base... it may be adventageous to introduce more. But I changed by mind... Being free would not work out so well. So perhaps re-working the capture or taming system at the moment so that they can be more readily caught and tamed quicker.

Because the site is new people need those pets- and one of the points of beta is also building a user base... Users aren't going to stick around if they don't have pets and have to wait three days to do anything with them. When we have more pets people won't need to rely on these ones so heavily and everything can go back to normal. Three days is a long time for impatient internet users who are deciding if they like a site or not. "

Thanks

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Stardeath
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 17:58:53 — Link

I like this idea honestly, most people aren't willing to just pound pets, until no one is willing to buy, and as it is, people want to buy. Maybe pets that aren't good could be generated, of random species, maybe as an event of some sort?

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-23 18:13:20 — Link

I agree... I'm too attatched to my first pets (pixels... I know.. but I'm a very sentimental person)... I don't want to split up the "couple and the baby" I got from the tutorial, I love my unicorn and gryphon- plus I've done a lot of levelling and work with them... and I needed a puma for a quest.

• Stardeath
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 18:44:44 — Link

Obviously no one will want to lose their first pet, it's the first thing they had here, and I agree about the splitting the two you got from the quest and the baby. My Roc is the best pet I have right now too. So it's hard to really say I'd be happy to shove one of them in the pound. .-.

• lililira
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 18:49:07 — Link

I'm sure people will be more willing to put pets in the pound as their lairs fill up. Plus, I'm sure there are some people teying to ctach dragons but ending up with cockatrices, etc. that they don't want.

It would be nice if there were more pets in the pound for the newer members though.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-23 18:53:47 — Link

I want a Cockatrice :P I dont have any reptiles yet! Or a Dragon :)

Yeah I agree- the people I invited were all asking about them. It would just be good to get more pets out there as things get moving with the site.

• MoonWind
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 01:22:33 — Link

It would be nice to have something to adopt, since I can't seem to catch anything most times.  I'm new enough that I don't have enough pets to do the quests, explore, and breed all in one day, so I would like to be able to get more pets so I could do more.  And my daughter just joined today, so pets for her to adopt while she's trying to catch wild ones would be nice for her as well.   Maybe make the filler pets a temporary thing until people start putting pets in the pound on their own as the lairs fill?

• bluestar20337
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 03:04:33 — Link

I support this~

• youkaihybrid26
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 07:23:00 — Link

Support, I will never have the urge to put my creatures in the pound. I promise you that urge will never strike me. Not even out of kindness. Being brutally honest, I try to be kind but taking my creatures goes a little to far...

~ Your local Youkai~

Feel free to drop by I don't bite much! =D                                                                         
Please excuse the lack of grammar, It seems to run away sometimes. ;)            Please call me Dragon or Youkai which ever you please.

• Kolibri
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 07:32:14 — Link

No one is 'taking' your creatures. It's a concious decision you make on your own part. The fact of the matter is, everyone is new right now. Very few people are willing to give up what pets they have, because they're special and there's still so much to learn about the site. I believe temporarily supplementing the Pound would be ideal until the site gets a larger user-base. Once people begin placing pets in the Pound more frequently, the supplementing can be discontinued.

Edit:

Okay so I may have just changed my mind. I now see that supplementing the Pound is only doing favors by giving us free pets. I understand that pets are somewhat difficult to get right now, but that's probably also a good thing. My mind just kicked me when I re-read what I had posted. Thinking about it again, supplementing the Pound doesn't really serve a true purpose to the goal of the site. Does it make sense to have this right now? Not really, when I get down to the nitty gritty. Yes, it's sad there are no extra pets to get right now and capturing pets is a tricky business. On the other hand, I don't see it being useful to put pets in the Pound for the sake of increasing the creature pools. That's what breeding and capturing are for, and the Pound is where failed or undesirable pets go. In the end, I don't really support this.

"You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants a magical solution for their problem, and everyone refuses to believe in magic."

- Jefferson/The Mad Hatter, Once Upon a Time

• 4everHallie
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 17:54:16 — Link

support

HI! Looking for: Gyrphons, STONE, WOOD, and cash XD Have: baby pumas, baby dragon, and baby roc.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-24 20:38:32 — Link

I see where you are coming from Kolibri.

I understand completly where you are coming from. We don't want this to be like Aywas where the pound is full of those species that no one wants.

I think the main point behind my suggestion is until we have a pet base... it may be adventageous to introduce more. But I changed by mind... Being free would not work out so well. So perhaps re-working the capture or taming system at the moment so that they can be more readily caught and tamed quicker.

Because the site is new people need those pets- and one of the points of beta is also building a user base... Users aren't going to stick around if they don't have pets and have to wait three days to do anything with them. When we have more pets people won't need to rely on these ones so heavily and everything can go back to normal. Three days is a long time for impatient internet users who are deciding if they like a site or not.

So yeah... Not sure where I am going from here... I'll ask for input.

Thank you :)

• Dr_Starchild
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 13:51:13 — Link

Give it two more days. The first players will soon hit the 20 pet limit, and willing or not they'll start to get rid of pets.

I predict a bit of a dive in pet prices then, but hopefully it'll be compensated by new players coming in.

New players will then find pound pets to quest and explore with, even if they have lousy genes for breeding, and when they have more money, they'll keep the economy going by buying pets with better stats.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-25 20:36:19 — Link

No support from me. I, for one, would love to see it happening but that would break the site's economics. It would be hard to code, and in a few days will be useless.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla