Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #20

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-08-04 00:02:06 — Link

Registration for the next exhibition is open!

We're happy to announce the start of a new exhibition sponsored by Conclave of Warlocks.

The theme of this week's exhibition is "A Perfect Toxin". All pets with one of the toxic dominant genes (Poisonous Teeth, Poisonous Claws, Venomous Skin, Stench, Acid Gland) may take part. Please read the full exhibition rules on the exhibition page.

Warlocks are working on a universal toxin and they suggested to sponsor this exhibition if we'll make it a bit special. We don't know why they need this toxin and we were told that it's not our business if we're not volunteering to test it, so let's hope that they need it as a base for a universal antidote. They are looking for Cockatrices (or maybe other special pets) that are able to produce the most powerful toxins. Toxin power varies from 5 to 10 points. The toxicity of a pet is calculated as (number of toxic genes x toxin power).

Although it's not enough just to ask the most toxic pet to produce some poison. Like humans have 4 blood types, Cockatrices produces one of the five types of toxin isomers (alpha, beta, gamma, delta or epsilon). Although unlike blood, combining the different isomers makes the resulting toxin a lot stronger.

A Conclave representative will test each participanting pet to find out whic toxin isomer it produce and how powerful is this toxin. All applied pets will get tags with test results that will be visible in their profiles until the end of exhibition.

Warlocks don't allow to use Mutagen on pets that already registered for the exhibition to avoid confusion and mess in their registry records. However they don't mind if a Beastlord decides to cancel an application for a pet, then mutates the pet and applies it once more thus creating a new registration entry for it.

Participate in Exhibition

Degeneration balance fix

Our players brought to our attention a problem that Degeneration penalty is too weak and makes breeding good pets too easy (suggestion thread here). The chance of getting negative genes is doubled for inbreeding in order to resolve this issue.

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-04 00:10:16 — Link

Was there a mixup with the entry fee, because it says it's 5000 silver and I thought all the previous exhibitions started at 500 silver.

Breeder of trash deviants

• sosochan
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-04 00:15:50 — Link

yes , I have paid 5000 silver for 4 pets but the 5th I paid only 100 =\

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-08-04 00:22:42 — Link

Lytala, there was a problem at the first five minutes of exhibition, sorry. It is fixed already.

sosochan, I refunded you the difference for those 4 pets.

Update: seems everyone is refunded. Please drop me a private message with a number of pets that were applied with a wrong fee if I missed you.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-04 00:24:11 — Link

Same here, we did not actually lose 5000 did we?

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Kobra-Infinite
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-04 00:27:32 — Link

Finally, my favorite species get the spotlight.

-Kobra

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-08-04 00:33:46 — Link

<p>Thanks Angel! I see kami are allowed. As someone who hasn't really played around with cockatrices- this is nice!</p>

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Ben10
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-04 02:16:42 — Link

me too, I have applied two cockatrices for 5000

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-04 08:23:46 — Link

This is definitely an interesting exhibition! Always when those warlocks meddle, I feel some impending disaster looming above our heads. Just remember the last time! Suddenly we had end of the world scenarios and Kami running amoc!
.....However, I still can't wait to see what they're gonna do with this xD

Also, I've said it before, but I'm always impressed how the devs keep such a close eye on our suggestions. Thank you very much Angel, that you addessed this issue so quickly! :)

• sandia
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-04 08:35:18 — Link

The exhibits is awesome. My second favorite pet is cockatrices Yay!

Also the degen being worst is a great idea, too many degens around, I never buy them with more than 1 degen, if possible I avoid them.

Thanks Angel and all the ones that make this game possible :)

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-08-04 18:51:58 — Link

Ben10, you were among refunded players this night.

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-05 17:14:18 — Link

Aww, this is one I'll never place good in and the prices are deviant dragons. :(

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-06 18:42:41 — Link

I think the prizes will probably be deviant dragons until the next deviant species is released.

Breeder of trash deviants

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-06 21:03:45 — Link

Not like I think that'll improve my chances since I've only ever had a chance at placing in one.

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-11 07:52:57 — Link

So... I helped the warlocks create a perfect toxin. There's absolutely no way that could possibly backfire.

As for the reward? Striped White** dragon with a rather lackluster set of genes: dystrophy and a few other bad ones. Certainly not suitable for breeding, but I guess I'll keep him around in case he'll be useful for some future exhibition. 

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla