Boards < General < Creative < Skin Swap Thread (Open!)

Boards

Poll: Is the Private Skin Swap thread a good idea?

Yes

8 votes / 73%
No

1 votes / 9%
Undecided

2 votes / 18%
« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Orthidel
  • User

Posted at 2014-07-22 12:05:37 — Link

---------------------------

Welcome to the Skin Swap Thread!

-----------------------------

Have a custom skin you want to share, but don't want it going to an inactive user or the portal/pound? Want to share your skin designs but limit the amount of them given out and which pets get colored with them in order to make them more special? Or are you looking to collect a bunch of unique skins in order to make your stables a little more colorful?

Well, this is the place for you!

The basis of the Skin Swap thread is to allow artists with private skins to share them with other artists in return for their own custom skins, or even just to share their private skins to a limited number of users who they chose. 

This is NOT a place to beg for skins. Art theft is unacceptable, and both sides have to agree to a swap before it can occur.

Rules:

1- NO art theft! Though the site does a lot to prevent this, design theft is enough to get you black-listed here.

2- Both sides must agree to the trade/swap. Meaning, you can't just say you want that artists's private skin and continously badger them even if they decline the trade.

3- Obey the individual artist's requests for the skin. 

4- Do not spam or beg artists for designs- unless you have a rainbow jar and a custom skin to swap, you should not make a request. 

How It Will Work:

Each side must have a rainbow jar.  

The artists will then color a pet with the 'wanted' custom skin; The pets involved should be agreed upon and supplied individually by both sides- each side will send the other the pet that they want colored to the other party.

Once the custom skin is applied, the pets will be traded back to their original owners.

Then, the swap will be completed. 

Artists' Rules:

In the artists's archives, each artist will offer the skins they will swap and what their conditions are. (For example, if they want a custom skin in return or only allow Hero grade 2 pets to have that coloration, etc..)

I understand everyone has a right to do whatever they want with a pet once they own it, but out of respect for fellow artists, I would request that the users using the swap follow their' swap partner's rules. 

Rudeness can get you black-listed from the thread.

You should not sell any of these pets! If you recieve a pet with a private custom skin from another user. you should use a Gray Jar from the state store to remove the coloration before you pound/sell/portal the pet unless you have the skin's artist's approval.

How to Join:

Joining is rather easy! Just post a link to the different skins you would be willing to offer and what their requirements would be. ^^

For example:

"I'd like to join!

Users may contact me via both mail and posting here on the thread.

This is my design: {Link}

I'd like the requirements to be:

-It must only be used on wild pets.

-They should only have positive stats.

-I'm willing to trade it for private skins for cockatrices only.

-The rules for this skin apply to just this one-

my other designs will have other rules."

This is just an example, mind you.

Each design can have its own stipulations and rules, or you can make the rules the same for all your designs.

Artists have the right to remove their design from the swap thread at any point in time!

How to Make a Swap Request:

Each artist in the archive should be willing to either recieve messages from other users or at least check the thread for updates. 

The way to request a swap depends largely on the user offering the designs to trade. You should have a pet that fits their rules and the rainbow jar on hand- It's kind of a supply your own needs type deal, since both sides will have to be ready.

Back and forth contact between both sides is a good idea.  For now, since the thread is still starting out, posting or mailing should work fine. This may change later on if this thread grows.

• Orthidel
  • User

Posted at 2014-07-27 08:09:26 — Link

Archive of Artists:

So? Which artists have joined this cause? Well, not many as of right now, but hopefully, this thread will grow with time as the site gains more and more popularity.

Current Artists and Their Swappable Skins:

Nightingale: 

Hello, my name is Nightingale! I don't have any skins to formally submit at the moment but I will take requests for skins. I'm best with horses as I understand their anatomy a bit more than other creatures. But I can do canine/feline like things as well! The art I have sitting around at the moment would not pass skin requirements, but I'd be more than happy to draw up some sketches for custom ones. 

I'm currently looking for a new job so I'll be drawing in my free time. If you have suggestions for colorations or skins please let me know. I'd be happy to make them! 

For examples of my skins please visit: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/4231 And my Deviantart is here:http://www.justchasingfireflies.deviantart.com/ 

I'll have some sketches soon or some colorations once I have time to tinker. 

I ask that people use care when applying my skins. I understand sentiment sometimes outweighs actual value of the pet so use care. I'll likely release them in very small limited batches. You must have your rainbow jar ready at the time of transfer. 

In return I'm mostly looking for Dragon skins :D Custom or coloration. I would love ice or fire themes. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Orthidel-  requests that designs not be sold, traded, or sent to either the portal or the pound without permission of artist first. Willing to swap with pretty much anybody. Current;y has rainbow jars available. Will supply breed/skin descriptions upon request.

Private Skins Available:

Ancient Trickster, (Dragon), Line Recolor, Rules: N/A

Blood Spitter, (Cockatrice), Line Recolor, Rules: N/A

Death Call, (Roc), Custom, Rules: N/A

Feral Wing(Dragon ), Line Recolor, Rules: N/A

Hunter's Mount, (Unicorn), Line Recolor,  Rules: N/A

-----------------------------------------------------

• Orthidel
  • User

Posted at 2014-07-27 08:31:29 — Link

Successful Swaps:

N/A

• Orthidel
  • User

Posted at 2014-07-27 08:39:44 — Link

Okay guys, I'm officially going to try this out. 

Other artists are greatly need in order to make this thread work and are very much welcome to join. I am not the best designer, to be honest. >_< I have to color things on GIMP, and it gets tedious.

Also, I definitely want this thread to become a community thing for everyone here who designs custom skins and private ones. ^^

If anyone has any questions/comments/suggestions, you are very much welcome to share them by either posting or mailing me, and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I am open to new ideas and rules, and other artists might catch something I might miss. 

I might need people to help moderate the board later if it gets busy, but for now, it's a slow start, so I can manage it.

Wish this thread luck and thank you for your time! =) 

~Cyn

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-07-27 23:31:02 — Link

I'd like to try this actually.

Hello, my name is Nightingale! I don't have any skins to formally submit at the moment but I will take requests for skins. I'm best with horses as I understand their anatomy a bit more than other creatures. But I can do canine/feline like things as well! The art I have sitting around at the moment would not pass skin requirements, but I'd be more than happy to draw up some sketches for custom ones. 

I'm currently looking for a new job so I'll be drawing in my free time. If you have suggestions for colorations or skins please let me know. I'd be happy to make them! 

For examples of my skins please visit: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/4231 And my Deviantart is here: http://www.justchasingfireflies.deviantart.com/ 

I'll have some sketches soon or some colorations once I have time to tinker. 

I ask that people use care when applying my skins. I understand sentiment sometimes outweighs actual value of the pet so use care. I'll likely release them in very small limited batches. You must have your rainbow jar ready at the time of transfer. 

In return I'm mostly looking for Dragon skins :D Custom or coloration. I would love ice or fire themes. 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Orthidel
  • User

Posted at 2014-07-28 00:48:49 — Link

Awesome! I'd love to have you join. n_n Your art is amazing- I love the skeletal unicorn and the symurghs. <3

Post whenever your ready with the skins you'd offer and thier rules, and I'll update the artist archive. =)

Skins that are public already are off-limits for this thread, since there is no need to swap to obtain them and the amount/pets they are used on are pretty much unlimited.

( I think that storm is rolling through my area too. The sky looks fierce. >_< )

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-07-28 01:41:14 — Link

Thanks! I managed to update it :) I'm in Vermont so we finally were hit. I've never seen it rain so much so quick! I live on a small pond and could not see the other side o.0

I'll be adding custom skins and colorations as I have the time and inspiration to play around. ^^ For the moment I'll gladly take requests if anyone has something specific in mind. 

I'm glad you enjoy my art :) Your colorations have a certain "crispness" about them that mine lack. I love it! 

• Orthidel
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-05 02:03:46 — Link

Thank you, Nightingale. n_n

I'm not too happy with the majority of my art- it's been a very long time since I actually designed anything, but I thought I'd try to get back in to the swing of things once I joined this site.  Hopefully, I can continue to improve. It's a little hard with GIMP and a mouse as my only tools. XD

I envy your armor-making skills and creativity. <3

I'm sorry for the delayed update, but I'll be adding your information now.

(Work got crazy busy, and I was practically living out of my car for four days straight. >_<)

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-08-05 03:25:44 — Link

Have you not seen this post? http://beastkeeper.com/thread/4107 *prods you to look* 

If you have a computer that has a decent amount of memory I urge you to download photoshop (link is on the thread). Photoshop CS2 was released by adobe as a legacy version (last year??) and the file is avaliable for legal download. The only downfall is support for the program is discontinued as it was released free (so the registration message pops up every time). 

Also for using a mouse you have very nice crisp lines. I started with one of those touchy pointer mice, then an actual mouse, moved on to a crappy tablet then a a bamboo pen and touch. I think my first tablet was $20 on amazon, the second was about $50 bucks through staples (I had a coupon for $25 off!). I started by just playing around on less powerful programs then moved on to photoshop elements, then finally photoshop CS2. 

No problem ^^ I understand how busy life can be! 

• Orthidel
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-15 07:14:13 — Link

No, I didn't. >_<

I use a laptop though- I'm not sure how the memory would hold up, so I need to check the compatibility. However, if it truly is Photoshop, it will be worth clearing a few things out for. Starting with GIMP. XD

And thank you. I kind of make do with what I have, but it'd be nice to more than just 'get do'. I get a little frustrated with being stuck with GIMP and oekaki as my only options- I'll be sure to check out the link and see if I have enough space to download it. I can deal with an annoying pop up every time I use it as long as it works. XD

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-08-17 05:39:03 — Link

<p>Yes, it is worth it! I've installed it on probably three computers now. I love that they released it. I still use PhotoShop elements for the ability to adjust raw files... But it is worth it to have CS in any version.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>Make sure that you click the correct link when you download... Not those bugger ads. My older coworker clicked them and I don't even know what she got, but it wasn't PhotoShop, some sort of music editor o.o&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I will warn you. The "please register your software" pops up.. You can disable it. It doesn't respond because the program is so old. So filling it out doesn't work.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I apologize in advance, I'm posting this message from my phone so it will show up weird.</p>

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla