Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Other user's unresearched genes

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• KreoCrisis
  • User

Posted at 2014-07-13 07:15:00 — Link

It'd be nice to be able to see them, or at least some of them. Not everybody has the silver/vermillion to research all their pet's genes- especially those they are selling and some of the prices can get pretty hefty for a pet you aren't completely sure will be an asset to your breeding lines.

I don't know if it should be a building, like a lvl 3 Lab (or a Psychic Tent since there really wouldn't be any reserach involved...), or a Premium ablitly- that would be up to the site owners. I don't think it should be easy to obtain however. And of course, you couldn't use it on your own pets.

The only problem (that I can see, there are probably about a billion I'm not thinking of...) is that there would have to be very, very strict rules on not telling anybody the genes of their pets and I'm not sure how this could be monitered. 

Now please, rip my suggestion to threads and tell me all the reasons it won't work so I can stop thinking it would be a good idea and wishing it would happen :).

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-07-13 14:44:51 — Link

Sorry, but it's not possible to introduce something like this. This highly devalues the whole gene research system and literally makes it unnecessary. We do not plan to let users know the genes of all pets on server. It's impossible to control the fair use too. Even if we hire a special person (or better 2 or 3 of them because we need 24-hour non-stop monitoring) who will do nothing but check every single private message and forum post in real time, we can't control the other communication ways like IMs and Skype.

• KreoCrisis
  • User

Posted at 2014-07-13 16:06:21 — Link

Ah. I see. Okay, thank you. I will put it out of my mind no matter how irritating it is when other users only have two or three researched genes. I kind of knew it was impossible.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla