Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Fix High-Level Exploration View

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• GhostMouse
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-18 21:28:27 — Link

Sorry if this has been suggested anywhere before, I searched but didn't see it.

When I got my first >lvl 10 pet and used him to explore, the new view looked so off to me I reported it as a bug. I was quite surprised and dissapointed to find out that it looks this way on purpose. It wouldn't be so bad on a phone or a tablet, where the view is long vertically, but on a computer screen, which is long horizontally, it forces you to choose between important pieces of information. I took screenshots to show you what I mean.

This is the exlore view for a <lvl 10 pet. The map is framed by the exploration log and the navigation/portal/bandages buttons. You can fit the whole exploration log on the screen and you can still see your pet's level and remaining energy. This is great.

But when you explore with a >lvl 10 pet, you have to choose between seeing the important parts of the exploration log or keeping track of your pets level and energy.

When I reported this, I was told it was done so as to not stretch the screen. But... it does stretch the screen... vertically. When the screen has room to stretch horizontally.

I would like to propose that the above-lvl 10 view be made the same as the below-lvl 10 view, even if that means the screen gets stretched slightly horizontally as the map grows. As you can see in my screenshots, the tan frame of the site already stretches past the links at the top anyway, and doesn't look terrible.

Alternately, I'd argue that the navigation arrows could be dropped, the auto/manual shield could be put in line with the portal and bandage buttons in a neat little line, and the whole exploration log could be moved up. (Cons: I expect there are at least one or two people who would be inconvenienced by the loss of the arrows.)

Or perhaps a pet's level and energy could be displayed somewhere lower on the screen, in with the navigation arrows and other useful buttons, so that all the information can be viewed at once.

Thoughts?

Dragon Cave!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-06-18 23:45:51 — Link

Any changes of log height won't help since it's the same with the height of explore map for level 40-50 pets who are main explore harvesters. This will just leave unused space at the bottom of the column and add mess to other areas.

Here's a screenshot how explore area looks for a last tier pet. The height is defined by the island itself. We can only increase it but not reduce.

The only acceptable suggestion is duplicating pet's energy somewhere in the explore content area. Duplicating level right now is useless since it's not updated with Ajax like energy. You will have to manually refresh the page anyway if you want to see level changes in the quickbar. I would love to hear if other users support such multiple info output on the explore page.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla