Boards < Community < Writing < The First Capture

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Cloaked
  • User

Posted at 2014-05-24 08:35:30 — Link

Well, before I start on my story, a little background. You see, this story is about my first capture here on BeastKeeper. Thought it was memorable, so I decided to write up a story.

Please note: I added a few parts in to make It more enjoyable, so yup.  Also, sorry for spelling mistakes, it's four in the morning here.

The First Capture

Why was I still here? I pondered the thought as I meticulously followed the man I hired to be my catcher. It's pretty surprising we hadn't come upon any tracks, feathers, hair...nothing. I frowned, my gaze trailing to the amiable man before me.

We were heading in the right direction...I hope. The Western Fields, a place filled with secrets and temptations...or so I've heard. We've been walking for four whole days and my body had just about had enough exertion. I couldn't wait to get back home and eat my weight in cupcakes.

I started to drool as I pictured vanilla and chocolate cupcakes, pink frosting slathered on them and sprinkles just to taunt me.

"Break time." The man called back at me, breaking me out of my reverie. Sighing, I gratefully slid down on my knees and just stared blankly at my grimy hands. 

I had joined in on this expedition completely and utterly oblivious.I had been expecting showers and beds...not lakes and the hard and cruel ground.

"So, how're you liking the adventure?" He asked, handing me a canteen full of water.

"Well, it sure is hard to live out here, sir." I answered coherently. I had always been deferential to authority figures and right now, if it hadn't been for him, I would've gotten lost, eaten or something.

He patted me empathetically. "You just gotta learn the ropes, kiddo."  He said as he diligently started to set up a tent.

I opened my mouth to reply, when a loud shriek shattered the silence. I scrambled up and assumed a defensive position.

"Hold it!" He said as he approached me slowly. "That was a battle cry, let's go see what it was all about." He murmured and after a moment, I nodded stiffly.

We began to move out, him stealthily and I shaking from the adrenaline that was coursing through my veins.

The sun had just started to set, painting the sky with vibrant hues of every color imaginable. The artist in me admired the sky, and I wished I had an easel and art supplies so I could capture that captivating and alluring sky.

Suddenly we came upon and clearing and what I saw took my breath away. 

In the middle of the meadow two creatures were battling. I had never seen such a sight! Even from this distance I could feel the power accumulating, just waiting to be unleashed at the first drop of blood.

One thing I couldn't take my eyes off though, was the Unicorn. She had a feral beauty and grace that I doubt any creature could match. Her horn rose off of her head, exquisite  and bright. All in all, she was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen.

The dragon however, scared me. A cruel light glittered in its eyes as it swung its massive claws at the unicorn and I cringed, fearing the worst.

However, she sprang delicately out of the way, before lashing out with her hooves, as quick as a cobra.  I watch with fascination as she hit the dragon.

Its scream pierced the air and I shuddered involuntary as it's elongated jaw opened, revealing thousands of needle-like teeth. Another shudder tore through me as it fixed its eyes on me.

It seemed as if it was assessing me, was I food? An enemy? I tore my gaze away, unable to keep up with the staring competition.

I didn't have to though as the Unicorn chased the dragon away with one last threatening display of kicks. I watched it fly off for a moment before turning to the catcher.

"I want her." I said pointing to the proud Unicorn. He nodded And prepared his rope.

Now, it was indeed a fight. I won't go into details as it was a little frightening to see the man I had accompanied turn into a beast as well as he tried to capture her.

But in the end, she stood with her sides heaving and her mouth frothing, with a rope around her neck. In that moment I had been the luckiest BeastMaster alive. She was mine forever and no one could take that away...

• sandia
  • User

Posted at 2014-05-31 16:18:26 — Link

Awesome! I want to hear more it sound llike the first chapter of a story.

• Cloaked
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-01 20:07:28 — Link

:3 Thank you ^_^  Perhaps it is. I love to write and I've definitely had my fair share of surprises on here. 

But thank you for reading my story, I appreciate it.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla