Boards < Offtopic < Offtopic < Unwind

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Rune
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 05:31:48 — Link

The best book series ever, by Neil Shusterman *0*

It has such a small fanbase, but I'm hoping the Unwind movie (production starting this year!) will net us some more fans. Unfortunately, I'm known for most of the wrong reasons by most of the Tumblr base and some from the movie forum xD

Has anyone here read it?

• Everlost
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 00:41:12 — Link

What..Unwind as in the book when in the Future kids are born just to donate their body parts?  

{This signature was removed for fear of the awesome blinding amazement of it}

• Rune
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 20:06:48 — Link

You're thinking of the right book, but that's not quite how I would describe it. If parents are having trouble with their kid and don't know how to control their behavior, teenagers between the ages of 13 and 18 can be put into a divided state through the process of unwinding. They are still "alive", as it's illegal to kill a child, but each of their parts are only a fraction of the person's identity. For example, a truck driver with an unwound's hand could do a professional one-handed card shuffle with that hand even though he himself never learned it. 

• Everlost
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 14:35:51 — Link

Yeah, I didn't quite know how to say it.  I do like the book though.

So there's gonna be a movie?

• Sorcha
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 16:27:23 — Link

I've never heard of this book it sounds amazing. How many books are in the series?

• Rune
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 04:04:07 — Link

@Everlost - Yup! They just announced that Constantin Films (think Resident Evil) have signed on for 3 movies. Nothing else has officially been said yet, but the main forum is eagerly awaiting a cast list, which should be next.

@Sorcha - It's even better than how I make it sound. Right now there's 3 books, but the fourth one is set to come out in October. Technically, you don't have to read the second book since it's a sidestory about one character. It's only on PDF and I have it downloaded, but I haven't read it yet. The third book is *amazing*, though the author hadn't planned on making a sequel. I could go on forever about how much I loved it!

• Everlost
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 14:46:11 — Link

I've only read the first one.  That's the only one my Library has.

• Rune
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 05:52:31 — Link

You should request the library to get Unwholly. It introduces 3 new characters (that don't suck, surprisingly) and one of them is made entirely out off unwound parts. He's my second favorite character, with the first being another new one.

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 06:16:39 — Link

I read the first book, didn't know there were others or that a movie was being made. I will have to investigate further now. c:

#33507 on Aywas

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 06:30:26 — Link

I remember reading the first one. I found it while I was shelving the books at my highschool's library. Fun times.

Didn't know there were other books to the series, though. I'll have to look around for them. Didn't know they were going to make a movie out of it, either. That's awesome, I just hope they don't butcher it.

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• Rune
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 04:59:09 — Link

@Haberdasher - I'm not sure about Unsouled (Lev's side story), but Unwholly only came out this summer and the movie hasn't gotten farther than the deal announcement with Constantin Films, so you're really not that far behind! If you do get to reading Unwholly, I'd love to know what you think of it.

@NiteThorn - Sometimes libraries actually have good books xD There's a movie forum <a href="http://unwind-movie.6286.n6.nabble.com/">here</a> where we discuss what we're hoping for the movie to include, if you're interested. Fighting over actors seems to be where we're at now since there's not much to hope for until they announce those. Lots of people want an all-unknown cast, but I'm really hoping for James Gaisford to play Connor.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla