Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < No buyout auctions suggestions

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Gryphonfire
  • User

Posted at 2014-05-05 05:43:40 — Link

Personally, i would rather get rid of the option to have no buyout listed as it is really annoying. I am geting tired of looking through the item trade and finding what i need only to realize that there is only one person selling it and for it to be in a no buyout out auction that isn't supposed to end for several days or worse, weeks.

Since i doubt my suggestion of making them go away will be accepted, might i make a suggestion to limit how long they can last? Like 1 week at most? Or even have limits on what kinds of items/pets are allowed a no buyout price? Such as blueprints not having a no buyout price while rainbow jars (or actually rare things) can have a no buyout price.

I just feel it is unfair to buyers who just wants something now or at least in a few days. I know a huge part of this game is patience but seriously, half of these items can't be worth so much you have no idea what the cap price would be.

I am not a coder and as such no idea if this is possible I figured i would give this a shot anyway.

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2014-05-05 14:09:24 — Link

Yes, please!

The time I'm most frequently irritated by the lack of a buyout price is when I'm looking for pets to fullfill a quest and I find one, only to see that the auction ends too late to be of any use.

Breeder of trash deviants

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-05-05 14:42:44 — Link

Try to think from the seller's side. There's no point to limit the players who don't know how valuable their pet is and how much demand it has, so they are putting it to a long-term auction to see how it will turn out to get the maximum profit.

There's already a time limit for all auctions, maximum is 30 days. A seller can cancel auction at any time if it has no bids. A pet on the auction is blocked from any actions and still takes place in stables, so if seller doesn't cancel auction after a week then obviously long-term auctions have sense to their mind and they are ready to sacrifice pet's activity and stable space for a chance of bid. If sellers won't get any bids for such auctions, they won't post them because they won't get any profit. Having a lot of long-term auctions means that players actually bid on them and they are demanded as well.

Please use sorting by remaining time on auctions or negotiate with other players through private trades if you're looking for a quick trade.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla