Boards < Community < Roleplay < |The End | A Semi-lit+ Roleplay. Accepting.

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• BurntPickle
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-18 04:09:34 — Link

It's the Beginning of the End.

Nobody knows the cause. Nobody knows its origin. Nobody knows where it's going.

Nobody knows.

There was no warning, no signs, and no preparation.

No matter how many people said they knew it was going to happen, they had no idea what they were waiting for.

They came two days after the Nuclear Power Plant was attacked. A missle shot straight through those supposedly impenitrable concrete walls that held such toxic waste inside. And it all came out when this missle exploded, sending this skin-melting substance out across the busy town of Aine, located somewhere .

It was unforseen. The unsuspecting people got to watch the skin on their very bodies turning to nothing. Screams chorused the sky, scarring the minds of those few survivors. The only people who survived were just lucky. They were meant to die, and it seems that Fate itself wants them dead, and soon.

All of those who were doused in this toxic waste were disinigrated. Some bones are found here and there from young skeletons, but it's impossible to distinguish who is who. There's no point in looking for family members anymore. If they're not dead already, they will be. And so will you, if you're not careful.

-

You must evacuate. They are too many of them for you to handle. It's been three months since the attack, and if you're still alive, you've had the worst luck in the world. But you haven't got a choice; you must leave here. The little town of Aine is no longer safe.

The Dead have risen.

Their graves are vacant. It seems that they were able to actually crawl their way from the ground, in search of whatever they could find. What do they want? You. Or, your flesh, rather. Stories say that they want your 'brain', but that's not so true. They want to eat the skin off of your bones and clean your bones. They're merciless, mindless, but stupid.

These things can be called zombies, or maybe the dead, undead, or re-living. It all depends on what you've chosen to label those things by. Either way, it doesn't matter, as long as you can escape this forsaken place you once called home.

It's dangerous out there. The endless number of undead walk around, moaning, limping, and waiting for their neck meal. Fortunately, some become so starved that they turn on one another, but clearer they have an expensive taste. And their favorite? Well, it honestly depends on the individual, but most prefer lean meat in large quantities. But they take whatever they can get. If it's human and living, they won't think twice about turning on you.

The radiation is lethal here. Technically, you should be dead. There's an unlimited amount of possibilities for your supposed death, but from some sort of unnamed curse, you've survived.

And to make it freakier, you can do things. Not just simple talents, but gifts. The number of ways you could've died is insignificant to the number of possibilties now.

Powers. Whatever this radiation has done, it's certainly altered you. Now you can do things that only existed in people's dreams. Whatever you can do, it can be just about anything; from running at impossible speeds to creating a beautiful medody just by coughing. Anything.

So, now what? Well, you get out of here, of course. You try to escape and find somewhere else.

There's just one itsy-bitsy problem. Aine had a huge cemetary, and every single one of the bodies, no matter how decomposed, is walking again. So, yes, the bare skeletons have made their efforts to get up, but, fortunately, due to their lack of muscles and working limps, couldn't get much farther than just reliving. Thankfully, they died of starvation, as did many of the other dead.

And so, the streets are crowded. Even the backroads are guaranteed to be packed full of them. Aine was a popular town of at least a billion, and that was before the dead came back to life. Luckily, those who were alive seem to be dead now, unless they've been bitten. Then they've been turned, but that number is so small that it no longer matters much anymore.

So what do you do? Are you going to just stay inside until you starve, or are you going to go out there and try to find a way out? It's up to you; the chances of you living on either choice are both pretty small. But, hey, you haven't got much to lose, anyway.

If you didn't read above, this is a zombie roleplay with powers involved. Your goal is to escape the town of Aine, where a Nuclear Power Plant was violently attacked by an anonymous missle, and about 98% of the town's huge population have died, but this radiation has sparked the rising of the dead, and now they're all trying to eat you alive.

Rules:

• As mentioned in the title, this is a 'Semi-lit and up' roleplay. I will not be accepting any one liners. In fact, I'm expecting at least four sentences/lines for each character you post for, but prefer at least a nicely sized paragraph. If this is too much for you to write, then this is not the roleplay for you.On that note, your grammar must be mature. No chat-speak, two-worded sentences, or uneducated vocabulary. Please spell correctly and know how to form complete sentences before posting your form.
  • I know this roleplay involved zombies, and I'm perfectly fine with some grave scenes happening, but I don't want anyone getting sick or uncomfortable with the amount of details put into posts. Please keep your writing to PG-15 level, at the most. This means no descriptions of extreme intimancy, also. Just 'fade to black' if you really want to imply what happens.
  • Other than the fact that I want all characters to be human, I will not be putting any restrictions on your characters. Their personalities, appearances, ages, histories, etc. can be whatever you please. But I do ask that you be creative with your character's power. You are only allowed to have one power, just to keep away from any extremely-perfect characters being formed, so make it count. I know things like elementals are common, and things that superheroes have are also pretty common, and that's fine if you really want to use them, but I think originality is really what makes you into a great roleplayer. Though, that's just my own opinion.
  • I'd like to request for you to keep your character inside the city for the beginning of the roleplay. Of course, I've introduced the goal of getting out of Aine, but I want to see some difficulty. You can't just walk out and be all free and such, because that's no fun, and allows no room for some real plot development. Maybe after a while I'll let you escape, but until then, let's keep the action inside of the city.
  • This roleplay is taking place in the near future: 2025. Not that it makes much of a difference, but if you wanted to know, here it is. Aine is a made up town, located probably in the central area of the U.S. So, yeah, we're around Kansas, maybe a little to the East. Climate is quite fickle, and there aren't many extreme landmarks.
  • Please be active! I ask that you post regularly, just so this can stay active. Roleplay doesn't seem to be a huge thing on this site, but that doesn't mean that it can't be! Of course, if your character is busy with another, and they haven't posted, then I'm not going to require you to post just a little 'hey'. I'll understand if it's not your fault.
  • Do not be a drama-hog. Your characters can't always be in trouble and require saving by others. And no sudden, random pops of unrelated action. This roleplay is about zombies. I'd rather not have an earthquake sudden split the Earth in half. Of course, since the dead are roaming around everywhere, you're welcome to get into fights with them every once and a while, and your character can even get into trouble and need some help, but I'm just asking that you don't do it so often that it becomes boring.
  • I will be supplying a simple, basic form for you to use if you don't want to create your own, but I heavily encourage you to add to it. I really like originality.
     Also, on the topic of forms, I have every right to decline your form if it looks like you put out no effort in it. This is, obvious, a semi-lit and up roleplay. If I see that your character's personality is 'funny, nice, sweet', then that's not telling me that you're ready for this kind of roleplay. Description. Use it. Don't be afraid to write out long paragraphs; I'll read them.
  • If your character is equipped with a weapon, please make it reasonable. A handgun is the most powerful I'll allow. Swords are pushing it. If I feel that your character has way too much on them, I'll ask you to remove some of it.
  • I won't require equal genders, but if I see that there are way too many of one and not another, I will have to change this. So don't be that jerk to make eight girls while there's already only one or two guys in here. If you need a reference, check the list of characters that's below.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character List

Username | Character name | Gender | Power | Page Posted

• BurntPickle | Work in Progress
  • BurntPickle | Work in Progress

________________________________________________________________________________

Provided Form

Full Name:

Personality:

Appearance:

History:

Power:

Other:

Again, I encourge you to either use your own or add to this, for this form is very basic, full of only the basic necessities. I won't be upset if you use this, though.

Descriptions only, please. No pictures for your character. You know what I'm expecting as of length in regular posts, and I want to see your skills. Descriptions make it easier to have your own character, and not have to worry about dealing with finding a suitable picture for your tastes.

• BurntPickle
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-18 05:03:29 — Link

Full Name:

Grace Raine Valen

Seventeen

Female

Personality:

This is Grace; the little hard-headed, over-confident, stubborn fighter who can't seem to keep herself out of trouble. She's anything but the dainty, feminine character that her name suggests. To try and avoid being seen as someone soft and gentle, she uses the nickname 'Gray'. Anyone who has ever managed to figure out her real name is either an old relative or close friend, and even then she doesn't like to be addressed with Grace. Though, chances are, everyone who ever knew her before hand, is dead now.

Gray is a very strong girl, both emotionally and physically. She pretty good at dealing with problems without totally freaking out about it, and is able to keep herself under control for the most part. On the other hand, she can whoop some butt in an ordinary fight, whether she's armed with a knife or just with her own two fists. However, Gray tends to rely too much on this strength, and often overestimates herself. She doesn't usually think that someone else might have a similar background, or even could just be strong in general. Due to this, it isn't rare for her to get knocked off her feet. Still, this never stops her. Grace is incredibly brave, and even though she does have her fair share of things that scare her, she's almost always able to push aside the majority of these and get things done. Her biggest weakness, however, is her extreme claustrophobia. She's fine with being locked inside a fairly nice sized room or something, but being cramped freaks her out. And if she can't move, whether she's restrained or stuck, or even just backed into a corner - that's when the true terror starts to set in. This is the one thing that she can't get past. Just someone simply pinning her to the ground for a brief amount of time can bring her to the edge. No matter how playful or lighthearted someone is being, she'll still feel too vulnerable and threatened, in which she'll physically lash out in order to free herself.

It isn't easy to keep Gray under control. Not only is she always determined to get what she wants, but she's also very unpredictable, and quite wild at points. If there is anything around that can get her pulse up, she'll go for it, no matter what the situation. She absolutely loves danger and thrills, no matter what the potential cost, and will often get herself hurt in the process. Gray has broken arms and legs before, but never once has that been able to convince her to just calm down. Instead, she just keeps diving head first into the most exciting thing around, and doesn't normally stop to consider any consequences.

Gray is definitely not the kindest of people. Yes, she can be nice, but she's nowhere near sweet. Nor is she affectionate. Instead, she's just sarcastic, and occasionally friendly. She can be very paranoid sometimes, and definitely likes to make sure her allies are trustworthy, but when she's comfortable around someone, she'll just be her normal, casual, somewhat-lighthearted self. Of course, it's very hard to stay optimistic when the world around her is dying, but she tries. Sort of.

Appearance:

Work in Progress

History:

Work in Progress

Power:

Gray has the power tomelt anything that touches her bare left hand. Even just the bad of her finger can make just about any everday material melt into a scorching hot puddle at her feet. This melted crap still hurts her, unless it's touching her hand, then she doesn't feel a thing. So if it was to touch her leg, for instance, she'd get an extremely bad burn wound. Gray can melt just about anything, with the right amount of pressure. So she can melt the metal of a minivan without much trouble, but trying to melt really hard materials that require a lot of pressure to simply heat up is incredibly difficult for her, and she often runs out of energy before that happens.

In order to keep from ruining everything she touches, she wears the black leather gloves, and will get pretty ticked if someone tries to remove them.

Other:

None.

(Huge work in progress. I just have to take care of some other things before fully completing the form.)

Full Name:

Personality:

Appearance:

History:

Power:

Other:

(Will be finished soon.)

• Macandcheez
  • User

Posted at 2014-07-08 05:38:31 — Link

By the way, this is BEFORE it all started....

Full Name: Bethany Phoenix White

Personality: Bethany is kind, but very shy. She would rather curl up with a good book instead of going to a football game. Since her family doesn't have much money, she stays in the shadows, away from all the snobbish rich people. She is often teased a lot by the football team, and pretends to ignore their rude comments, even though it hurts inside. She has no friends, and really hopes to hurry and get out of high school, away from all the drama.

Appearance: Bethany has long straight brown hair, and her eyes are tuquoise.

Heres a picture of her....

History: Bethany's family is from the state of Ohio and is very poor. Her dad works as a car seller, and her mom is a at home mom.When she was small, Bethany's family was robbed, so her family couldn't pay the money for their home. Now, Bethany has to live in a small rented house.

Power: Bethany can use her mind to create things out of thin air. She tends to think small, because usually when she thinks of a car, all her energy is gone. It takes about 1-2 days to fully recover. She is very talented with the dagger.

Other: Bethany seems shy, but she can be fierce if needed. She uses a small dagger, which she usually hides in her jacket.

Thank you for reading through this!

If you have any other questions about Bethany, just ask! :)

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla