Boards < General < Player Guides < Battlefield tactics #1: Beating 'Hold the Line'

Boards

Poll: What other help do you want to see?

-How to beat 'Complete Confusion'

2 votes / 20%
-How to beat 'Phobos and Deimos'

1 votes / 10%
-How to beat 'Thoery Of Chaos'

7 votes / 70%
« Prev | 1 | Next »

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-12 19:26:37 — Link

You've probably seen this lovely icon around often out in the battlefields, right?

Hold The Line

You've probably fought against it and ended up losing miserably, haven't you?

Never fear, using some of my knowledge from fighting, I can guarantee you a decently good way  to beating this annoying tactic, only thing you need to do yourself is to search for the pets that hold what you need, and then cross your fingers and hope your rolls come out right:

Here, lets take a look at what this tactic says:

"You score 1 point for every attack maneuver of your opponent."

So common sense says, don't 'attack' them, so immediately, get rid of these manuevers, or lessen them,  they will hardly help you at all much:

AttackBackstubBerserkerFire attackAcid attackElectric attackTerror

You checking your squads? Remove them right away, or better yet, don't have all four of your pets act like a giant tank and throw out attacks because you are helping your opponent by doing so. (personally on my squad i only have one pet using one attack when i'm combatting 'Hold the line')

Now lets check what the rest of 'Hold The Line' says....:

"You rolled more defence maneuvers than your opponent. It doesn't matter if these maneuvers had scored points or not."

Oh hmm...so basically, if you are not using 'Hold The Line' yourself, then you can get rid of these manuevers...cause lookie, if you did not roll any defense maneuvers, then how on earth can your opponent's 'Hold The line' work on you?

DefenceRegenerationRobust ScalesSong of PeacePlates

You checking your squad still? Yes? Alright, good then.

Now you are probably thinking "Hey, now what? I don't have anything to attack with now..."

Alright, you actually do still have something to attack with...

MovementTornadoSecond BreathTheory of ChaosStrafing Strike

^Say hello to your new buddies. you MUST have "Theory of Chaos" (Theory of Chaos) to get it to work brilliantly however. (honestly, do not be so silly and use all those movement maneuvers if you do not have this tactic!!! ...you'll lose if you do, just so you know)

now lets see what 'Theory of Chaos' says...:

1. You score 1 point for every movement maneuver.
2. No tactics will work for your opponent except Maneuvers and Theory of Chaos, and no tactics will work for you except Theory of Chaos.

Hint hint, roll as much manuevers as you can (you can have one normal attack manuever if you think you want to double-check and make sure you are landing a bit of damage as manuever moves don't deal alot of damage itself, just do not overdo your normal attacks)

Personally: "Strafing Strike" is pretty useful since at least you still land damage, hint hint again.

Alright, there you go, now go and check to make sure your pets can use these tactics.

**Warning, this strategy lesson I am giving is for opponents who only use 'Hold the line' and defensive maneuvers but no attack maneuvers, if you want to see one where someone still attacks and uses 'Hold the line', see next lesson! Do not get this confused**

The next lesson:

Hold The Line and Confusion go quite well against someone with 'Hold the line' but also attack and use defence maneuvers at the same time.

Counterstrike <---Also your good buddy as well, just FYI.

yes, you are allowed to have a bit of normal attack maneuevers now if you want, but make sure you roll more 'confusion' and defence tactics as well.

You are basically combo-ing 'Hold the line' and 'complete confusion' together.

An example of where it came in the best combo usage:

yes...person didn't have hold the line anymore as their moves re-rolled.

but okay, you do see my point in those two going great combos together, right?

Anyways, feel free to post your input along the bottom, though personally, i am not an 'all out attack' type person, especially against 'hold the line' you just wanna roll as much defence as you can to get your own 'Hold the line' to work if you are using it.

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Linnix
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-13 11:13:39 — Link

...or you can just go the all-out destruction route and key together high-scoring attacks. Since Hold the Line can only score 16 points max, so long as you pull ahead by a large margin, it won't reach you. So go for Fire/Acid/Electic attacks with Leadership and forget about defending. (Oh, and make sure you have no negative maneuvers. And don't use Movement or maneuvers like Confusion or Terror - they're not worth it against Hold the Line.)

Then you just have to make sure you stay ahead by at least 16 points at all times. Which... isn't that hard when you can score up to 17 points with each roll.

For other tactics... Blinding/Petrifying Attack and Battle Cry are also great options since they aren't counted. (Well, you need to meet the requirements for that, but. It's worth it.)

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-13 11:15:52 — Link

Though it depends if you have the pets for it, but if you haven't, i suppose to keep on the safe side, work around it with movement maneuvers. (its kind of hard to breed elemental pets with no negatives sometimes)

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Linnix
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-13 11:41:38 — Link

True. Mostly because of inbreeding. And then you can spend weeks hunting for the right match to get decent stats.

This combo worked out nicely for me:

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-13 15:04:11 — Link

I do alot of inbreeding myself, but those work well for me, normally because its special picked out, but i've seen some people who just 'gun it' and breed together just because they have the genes,lol.

but honestly my war unicorns came from selective degen breeding XD

Hey, thats a cool combo there.

i should get phobos and deimos, but thats after i finished this heavy lot of breeding i have this instance, don't wanna overstuff myself right now.

• Linnix
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-15 03:16:55 — Link

Look at what else works nicely:

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla