Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Lines for PSDs

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• bowhuntress
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-04 06:40:35 — Link

Hi all, I know I'm new and all but I have a suggestion.  I did a lot of custom colorations and linearts in aywas so I thought that this simple thing would help out Beast Keepers.

I think that having a separate layer for lines would be great.  You could better see the difference in body parts, feathers, hair, etc.  This would lead to more accurate submitted and site art in my opinion.  The lines could be colored to help with more definition or for the start of a new coloration.  When I've used a bright or really dark color for lines, I can see where certain patterns should end or follow the flow of the creature. 

Thanks for any considerations

KCCO

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-04-05 19:36:06 — Link

Unlike Aywas, our bases don't have obvious lineart due to the different style. Here's an example, there's no lines:

Contrast here is achieved mostly by lights and shadows without lining. In addition there's a technical problem: these images were created using single layer without separation to layers and lineart (shadows and lights for PSDs were separated later by program method due to the numerous suggestions from players who weren't able to color a single-layered grayscale base). So the only way to make a separate lineart layer is to draw lineart above the original artwork and redraw the shadow layer below it thus making it not matching the official artworks that were created using a base with single layer. We encourage players to make any kind of custom skins they like but we'd prefer to leave the official artworks the way they are right now and not to revamp all of them to more cartoonish style with obvious linearts.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla