Boards < General < Help < A few qestions

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• AuraDragoness
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-25 19:55:35 — Link

So I got a Roc with the clumsy paws ability as a dominant (green name) gene that mentions QUickmind and Counterstrike in it. I also notice in battles enemies use the 'counterstrike' abillity yet my creatures don't.

So my question is, how do I get abilities like that?

My second question is about the Magic Bomb item. How do I use that and is it possible to get pets like Symughs?

"Even in the darkest of times there is always hope"

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-03-25 22:26:49 — Link

Your pet must have both dominant Agile Paws and Quickmind genes to get the Couterstrike combo ability. Your Roc with researched genetics misses Quickmind.

Magic Bomb in your inventory equals to one Magic Catcher on Catch Wild Pet map. Just send a Magic Catcher to expedition to use it.

Symurgh is an alien species that doesn't live on Europa, so you can't catch it like regular pets. You need to take over the Portal on the Battlefield to obtain a wild Symurgh. Although they breed like normal pets, so it's easy to buy Symurghs born on Europa on Auction.

• AuraDragoness
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-26 07:31:01 — Link

Thanks for the help^^

One more thing though, if I bred my roc with one with a dominant quickmind gene would the offspring have both?

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-26 09:47:45 — Link

No. 

If you check your Roc's brain geneset, you will see that she has Normal gene and Genealogist. When you hover over those, you will notice that Normal gene has a Power of 70 and Genealogist a Power of 57. Now, if you bred your Roc with another pet that has Quickmind both dominant and recessive, the offspring will either get Normal or Genealogist from your female and Quickmind from the father. Quickmind only has a Power of 50 though (check List of Genes to see all genes' power), so even your weaker gene, Genealogist, would still dominate over Quickmind. 

However, if you want to breed Counterstrike into your line, this is still the way to go. You want an offspring who has the Quickmind gene as recessive. When you breed this child with yet another pet with Quickmind, the goal is for this new baby to have Quickmind dominant and recessive.

The difficulty in all this is of course to also keep the Agile Paws as dominant gene in there, or you will still not get Counterstrike ability. This means you should breed your Roc to a male who already has both Agile Paws and Quickmind. 

Welcome to the challenging world of breeding xD

If any of this sounded too confusing, please let me know which part and I will try to clarify. 

• AuraDragoness
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-27 19:37:47 — Link

"The difficulty in all this is of course to also keep the Agile Paws as dominant gene in there, or you will still not get Counterstrike ability. This means you should breed your Roc to a male who already has both Agile Paws and Quickmind."

My Roc I have or an offspring?

Also, how does gene power work? Does the higher number make it more elikely to have that gene?

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-27 20:06:06 — Link

Well, both really. First your current Roc so you get the Quickmind gene as recessive in the offspring but also keep Agile Paws in there. And then the resulting offspring again to another Roc who hopefully also has both Quickmind and Agile Paws. Then you hope that your first offspring will give its Quickmind gene to the new baby and voila! Counterstrike.

----

Genetic Power has nothing to do with the genes themselves. This only makes the pet's stats (Constitution, Strength, Intelligence, etc) better and is a result of breeding 2 level 50 pets together. Gene inheritance is ALWAYS the same, no matter what: The father will give one of his genes in each set (Brain, Senses, Skin, etc) to the offspring, 50/50 % chance which one he will give, and the mother will also give one of her genes in each set to the offspring. Again 50/50% chance. This means you can never be totally sure which gene the offspring will get - unless the parent has both dominant and recessive the same gene of course. 

• AuraDragoness
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-28 08:43:15 — Link

"Well, both really. First your current Roc so you get the Quickmind gene as recessive in the offspring but also keep Agile Paws in there. And then the resulting offspring again to another Roc who hopefully also has both Quickmind and Agile Paws. Then you hope that your first offspring will give its Quickmind gene to the new baby and voila! Counterstrike."

Does my first Roc need to breed with a Roc with any certain genes?

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-28 09:55:43 — Link

Yes, my whole point was that BOTH your first Roc and its baby have to breed with a male who already has Quickmind and Agile Paws to introduce Counterstrike into your line. 

• AuraDragoness
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-28 18:32:54 — Link

"Yes, my whole point was that BOTH your first Roc and its baby have to breed with a male who already has Quickmind and Agile Paws to introduce Counterstrike into your line. "

Alrighty then, thanks, you've ben a big help^^

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla