Boards < New Player Hall < Introduction < New here...

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Drachenfee
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-10 13:52:06 — Link

Hi everybody,

I'm Drachenfee (that's German and means DragonPixie). I'd prefer being called Fee for short instead of Drachen (but if you forget I won't mind anyway :)

I'm a 20-something year old from Germany and just really love these fantasy pet games. I also play mweor and flightrising, my username on both is Drachenfee, too, in case you'd like to look me up over there.

Concerning this game, I'm a real newbie and don't know what I'm doing. I'll try to keep the annoying newbie-habits to a mimimum by lurking around for a while, but if you want to talk to me anyway, feel free to send me a pm :)

"Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most."

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-03-10 16:46:09 — Link

Hello Fee. Welcome to BK ^^

Ohh Germany. My Mother is half German, though only my Great-Grandparents speak it still. I wish I knew more about that heritage.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me :)

I'm not as active anymore, but I'm Nightingale on Flightrising.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Drachenfee
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-11 13:29:07 — Link

Hi Nightingale,

Thanks, I'm already having a lot of fun here.

Wow, really, that's pretty cool (my ancestry is kinda boring with everybody being German).

Are you sure? You might get many many many PMs.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-03-11 22:13:26 — Link

Haha. That's okay. It's my job ^^

Check out the player made guides here: http://beastkeeper.com/threads/21

And of course the FAQ: http://beastkeeper.com/faq

If there is anything else, feel free to Pm me of course!

Still pretty neat. I'm here in America so I have so many different lineages to trace. I can't even move forward (uhm, backward?) on my Hungarian ancestors. I don't know the language and not much of their stuff is online or in any records I have.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-11 23:48:50 — Link

Hey there neighbour ;)

I'm from Austria and I find it's always nice to meet fellow German-speakers in these games =)

My husband is Jewish Canadian and his grandparents came from Poland, Germany, Hungary and Austria if the stories are true (there are apparently quite a lot of those stories, starting with his grandfather being able to choose his last name after the war since he lost all his ID and him having no idea how old he actually is). Rather interesting that whole thing - at either rate, my mother-in-law's parents speak Yiddish and I love listening to them talk. I really understand a lot (if not most) of it. Of course that makes sense, seeing how Yiddish originated from German, but still funny to me xD. The other way round doesn't work as well though it seems. When I talk to my kids, they usually have no clue what I'm saying ;)

Umm, I'm not actually sure why I went off babbling like this, just that whole language and heritage thing I guess... 

Anyhooooo, welcome to the game, and you can always shoot me a PM too if you have questions - German or English is fine ;)

• Drachenfee
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-12 15:35:09 — Link

Nightingale: Thanks, I will definitely take a look at those guides.

Timain: Wow that's a really interesting mix of heritage and culture you've got going on in your family. You mean when you talk yiddish to your kids they don't understand you? I have this thing with schwäbisch (though that's just a dialect obviously). My schoolmates used to make fun of me because I coulnd't understand it at all (or speak it apparently).
Thanks I'll probably take you up on your offer when I get stuck.

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-12 16:10:49 — Link

Nah, my mother-in-law and her parents speak English and Yiddish and while I understand it when they talk to each other, they don't understand me when I talk German with my kids.. Sorry, I tend to talk in circles and get confusing sometimes.. I try to reread my posts and think if someone else could understand my ramblings, but obviously it doesn't always work xD

And I can understand you about Schwäbisch.. I was at a "Reiterwoche" when I was a kid (Horse vacation? Riding class vacation?? No clue what yu would call that in English :P) and we had a girl from Vorarlberg there. I had NO clue whatsoever what she was saying when she started talking ;) And she even tried to speak High German, yet I failed miserably (appparently their High German is still nowhere near "normal" German ;)). My best friend made so much fun of me for that ;)

• Drachenfee
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-13 17:39:20 — Link

Oh, I get it. I suppose it can be confusing when you have several generations speaking several languages.

Lol yeah, most of my class mates where like that. Even when they tried not to speak schwäbisch you could still hear the accent (and the grammar was quite different too).

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla