Boards < General < Help < Breeding up to GP3

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Pidove
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-23 19:47:38 — Link

Hello!

I thought I understood how GP worked but I don't think I do, not entirely. D: I assumed getting a GP2 to level 50 would influence the chances of getting GP3 but after 5 breedings (a few with GP1~2), they're all GP1 or GP2. Is GP3 something that's low chance of getting? Does it result only from GP2+GP2 breedings? Or is there some other criteria I'm missing/not meeting?

I'd love some insight into this because I'm wanting to better my lines. :) I finally feel like I'm making some headway with my Gryphon lines.

Thank you in advance!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-02-24 11:55:06 — Link

When you breed two GP2 pets, training only one of them to level 50 gives a possibility of getting a GP3 baby only when it has 7+ dominant genes from the level 50 parent. If the other parent has stronger genes, this is nearly impossible and in some cases completely impossible. You need to carefully choose the second parent to be sure that its genes won't suppress the genes of your pet; or train it to level 50 too for a guaranteed GP gain.

Breeding GP2 with GP1 may produce GP3 baby only when both of them are level 50 and baby got 7+ dominant genes from GP2 parent.

• Pidove
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-26 22:54:39 — Link

Thank you very much, Angel! I must have been choosing bad parents, then :) Your explanation was very clear, which I am very thankful for xD I get confused so easily. Thank you again! :)

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla