Boards < General < Help < Worth of Gold-bought Items?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Sarcasmic.Naru
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-18 16:33:12 — Link

I 've been looking around the forums and cannot find a general ratio of how much silver equals one gold, for trading purposes.

Does anyone have any idea what it is? Or do people only trade item for item?

Thank you in advance, anyone who answers! It's been too long since I've been around.

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-18 17:38:15 — Link

I don't know if there is a posibility to trade/exchange silver into gold. I think most of the people trade items instead of gold.

The worth of the gold-bought items varies a lot. I am currently making a guide for all the items and their current prices, but i just started, so it might need a while.

I can only add that certain items like the fruits, Mutagene, amnesia potion and magic bomb are not as rare as founder cells culture or the clicker (just some examples) because most of the items can also be found while exploring.

- Valar morghulis -

• mosaic
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-18 17:46:06 — Link

Premium items vary so drastically in value. Here is what I've seen recently:

Amnesia (3 gold): 10,000 to 15,000

Rainbow Jar (10 gold): 100,000 ~30,000 (thanks Pidove!)

Mutagen (3 gold): 15,000 to 20,000

Any magic fruit (1 gold) : 5,000 to 10,000.

Squad energy (15 gold) : ~100,000

One gold seems to be worth 10,000 silver for items with decent demand. However, I've seen squad packs selling for 300k, and invites go for 1000 or less (except for geneticists). Also, the other high-cost items like mercenary licenses and expand scrolls are almost exclusively offered for rare item swaps. I don't know what you would get more silver for, 50 gold or a mercenary...given how squad packs sell you could probably get 500k for either, easy.

But I digress. A straight gold trade is probably the safest bet so you don't have to fiddle with item demand. If I were you, I'd start with 10k per gold. You might scale it up since gold is much more convenient than any item itself, and any sort of a bulk deal should definitely be scaled up since gold in large quantities is difficult to come by. For 50 gold I'd start at 750k or 1mil to gauge demand, giving myself room for haggling without getting too close to its minimum value.

Sorry if I got off track there, I really like inspecting BK's economy! XD

Edit: I'm sure you've noticed this, but be careful about using the Item Exchange to gauge item value. It's full of bad trades!

Final edit: Altered price estimates to reflect discussion

*~*Combat Unicorns*~*Deviant Rocs*~*Silver&Gold Cockatrices*~*

• Sarcasmic.Naru
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-18 21:01:37 — Link

That was really helpful, mosaic!

Yeah, I noticed. I've only used it once - and I just traded Vermillion since I have more than what I know what to do with.

I'll probably continue to look around, though. I have more gold than I know what to do with at the moment because of referrals.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-02-18 21:55:36 — Link

It would be nice if we could transfer gold... but alas we cannot at this time.

I suggest posting ing in the wanted ads/item sales saying that you are looking for _____ and in exchange will trade whatever items from the premium shop are of the same value. It will work best if you know what you are after. There are people out there always after certain items. Maybe in the future we will have more uses for gold besides the premium shop :D

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Sarcasmic.Naru
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-18 23:03:22 — Link

I knew that we couldn't transfer gold (my sister told me that)but I put this thread up to see if there happened to be a going rate for the value of the gold items.

I've gotten a pretty good answer! I'll definitely try that if I ever decide I need anything.

• mosaic
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-19 01:03:46 — Link

Oops, I had no idea we couldn't transfer gold. Thanks Nightingale ^^

Best of luck Sarcasmic, glad I could help.

• Imitatia

Posted at 2014-02-19 09:36:53 — Link

@mosaic

Although it's true that the value of gold coin-bought items may vary greatly, I think a few of your pricing might be a little off. Sometimes people put items in the trades for outrageously high prices but most of the time people don't buy them. For example, I sell squad energy packs averaging 10k-15k each, nothing around 100k to 200k. Just thought I should point that out so nobody gets confused XD

Hey everyone!

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-19 11:30:22 — Link

@ Imitatia: I'd buy all your squad energy packs at 10k-15k per, completely serious.

Fyi, one squad energy pack = 3 energy potions due to the recipe. Energy drinks prices are pretty set at 20k - 30k per depending on the time of the week. So squad energy at 60k-90k should be a fair price.

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Pidove
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-19 21:49:50 — Link

Rainbow Jars are nowhere near 100k. o_o They're like 30k tops.

10k~15k for squad energies is extremely low! Don't sell yourself that short. D:

• mosaic
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-19 22:22:15 — Link

@Imitatia Yeah, I only saw a squad pack trade ask for 300k once - and I'm betting it didn't sell. There's another up currently for 250k, but it's been sitting for a while - possibly a reincarnation of the previous trade. Regarding marketable value: I've sold a couple squads in the past, I think the first was 100k and the second 120k. Can't remember if I sold another. But for sure they sell at this price, although it usually took a day or two. I agree with Aelisk - if I saw a squad going for 15k I'd buy it immediately. I'd also resell shamelessly.

I did estimate high, perhaps, with the gold to silver ratio. The only static relationship I've pinned down is the Magic Store price - 5k for a premium item worth a minimum of 1 gold. I'd say that 5k would be the minimum value for 1 gold then. 10k is a rough estimate based on observation, and it only applies to items with decent demand. Really useful items like scrolls probably go for more silver per gold, and terribly overpriced items like invites go for 500 silver, as we've all seen.

For those items in decent demand - I see mutagen, magic fruit, and amnesia trades the most often, so I'm fairly confident about their prices. Rainbows I'm a little iffy on. Squadpack prices I've valued on the high end, I think Aelisk's are more realistic. Very interested in others' observations though, preferred buy/sell values for certain items, etcetera.

PS. Something really needs to be done about those invites. The Geneticist, at least, should be bumped up in gold price. Or bump them all down to 5 gold. They are so common - does anyone actually buy them from premium?

Edit: @Pidove Whoops, didn't see you there! Thanks, I was unsure about the rainbow. I'll edit in some better values when the discussion dies down. :D

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-02-19 23:22:46 — Link

Mosaic- You seem to have a good grasp of the economy here. I feel like you should post some in suggestions :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Imitatia

Posted at 2014-02-20 01:42:18 — Link

I've actually bought energy drinks for much lower before, aroun 3k to 5k consistently, so I wouldn't say the price is that high, but I guess everyone has opinions.

Hey everyone!

• mosaic
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-20 12:16:53 — Link

Hm, it might have to do with the time of day/week.. I'm usually around at the day change and on weekdays, almost never on weekends. Could be a factor, perhaps.

Also, the lower prices could be selling quickly enough that I miss them. For instance, I picked up a mutagen today for 200 silver. I doubt it would have lasted long!

Edit: It just occured to me that most magic items can be found for free in island chests, as well as in island magic shops. For the shop item you need to sell at least above 5k to pull a profit, but chest items can easily undercut higher prices since they had zero initial investment. Any item purchased from the premium shop will also probably have the highest practical starting bid/buyout since the seller wants the highest return for their gold. I bet that's why we see such huge variation.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla