Boards < General < Help < Levelling up stats

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• WildOracle
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-17 04:39:39 — Link

I have seen pets that have their stats over 100, and I was wondering if when the pet levels up if their stats increased or how it is possible to increase them other than with the items in the premium store.

Thanks!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-02-17 05:45:23 — Link

Hello!

Check out the FAQ. It has a pretty good guide to this sort of thing.

"Pet characteristics will grow with every new level according to the pet's diet, 6 points per level. The maximum level is 50. You can find or buy magic fruits to boost pets characteristics when the maximum level is reached. Eating a fruit will give a bonus from 1 to 3 points to the characteristic (maximum bonus from fruits is 50 points)."

Long story short, levelling your pets automatically increases your pet's stats/characteristics (x6 each level). Where the stat is applied varies on your pet's diet. Different foods increase different things. If you hover over the question marks on your pets page it will tell you exactly which food does what. You can assign "stars", also on the pets profile, that indicate which food types you want to focus on.

Your pets are fed automatically when the site resets each day. If you do not have food in your inventory you are charged a small silver fee to feed your pets.

For example: http://beastkeeper.com/pet/138415

Say I really wanted to increase my pets weak constitution. I really don't need to increase her intelligence or her agility so I take the star from those food types (Plant proteins and Animal carbs) and instead assign those to Plant fats (to increase constitution.

Everyone has different feading styles. You don't need to feed pets to increase the weakest stat. I like well rounded pets, so I try to make up for deficiencies. But sometimes your pet may have an awesome gene modifier and you want to exploit that. Like say your pet had quickmind, that increases intelligence by 50%. If I want a very intelligent pet (perhaps for crafting or quests) I will increase the intelligence stat by feeding it more animal carbs.

Don't worry about memorizing what each food does. I have not, I just go by the "?" mark help buttons on the pets page. Feeding is a relativly small part in creating good pets- but proper feeding could make all the difference!

Your pet's stats are more or less randomly assigned: "The primary inborn stats are generated randomly with the distribution close to Gaussian in range from 20 to 50 points." except in the case of Genetic Power.

Genetic Power (see the FAQ) also modifies your pets characteristics... very much so. This is why levelling is important: "Genetic Power is a bonus which child will get if the parents were properly trained before conceiving a baby. Genetic Power gives +10 bonus to each characteristic for each Grade (in total +60 characteristics bonus for each Grade). The other profit from Genetic Power are access to temples which give you items for free if you qualify for their Genetic Power requirements, and the ability to fulfill the most high-paid quests."

I hope you found this helpful. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• WildOracle
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-17 17:07:40 — Link

Thank you :D

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla