Boards < General < Player Guides < Tables: Maneuvers and possible species

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Capra
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-16 11:17:52 — Link

Hey guys,

I'm just getting into the tactics map and try to breed the best pets for my squads. I found it a bit annoying that I always had to check the genes-list when I wanted to know which species could get a specific maneuver, and then I had to double-check because I wanted to know if two maneuvers were possible for the same pet.

Therefore I combined the tactics faq tables and the list of genes in one table. I thought I'd share it, maybe someone else thinks it's useful. : )

Attacks

Defenses

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-18 16:43:47 — Link

Thank you Capra, this helps a lot. I afford me to add the Throdama maneuvers ;3

Throdama Defenders with Plates gene have a new defensive maneuver - Plates. It scores 2 points even for the attack maneuvers that ignore normal defence. Defence maneuvers can't score more points than opponent's attack points. Defence won't score any ponts if the opponent didn't attack.

The squad containing 4 Harvesters gets Locust ability. Locust gets instant bonus from the minor zones (The Crimson Tree, The Ancient Battlefield and The Old Mine) collecting the Vermillion and the silver once they take the zone.

The squad containing 4 Warriors with Stench gets Stinking Cloud ability. The foul cloud around the squad is so strong that an enemy squad gets an out-of-turn discipline degradation right before the battle.

- Valar morghulis -

• SciGuy
  • User

Posted at 2016-12-14 19:52:52 — Link

Does anyone have these two images? The links to drop box are dead.

• jagermeister
  • User

Posted at 2017-02-08 23:12:24 — Link

I hope these few toughts help U to create your own team, I wont write a complete guide, just some basic advice. I assume U already read the tactics FAQ since its really useful, and without it u probably dont have the slightest idea wats BG about.

From my experience there are no "ultimate solution" for the battlefield teams. Every tactics have strenghts and weaknesses.  For example teams with defensive moves + hold the line tactic are quite good against most offensive teams but almost completely useless against a good maneuver based team especially with theory of chaos. And still the biggest factor is the pure luck, since the strongest team can roll 0 point and a relatively weak team can roll an average score.  (I consider poor roll less than 20 at the end of the battle, 20 to 40 medium and 40+ is a strong roll)

As the FAQ say there are 3 kind of moves like offensive defensive and maneuver. (and the 4th the negative ones but they arent tactics they just considered as bad luck)  Before U want to create a capable team first U should plan wich one would U use, then U should get only the specialized pets. Basicly a good BG pet is quite different from a good pet. As U can notice for tactics U can choose only 3 moves wich means only 3 usable skills, but if U have done it well U actually need only 2 since one of them is used twice. To get the 2 same consult with the FAQ about the requirements but basicly they need one of the stats 100+ and in some special occasions they need a [GP3] pet too. Keep in mind: the team who scores more win the battle so in this light U need all points u can just get. Thats why pet with negative genes should have forgotten as BG team members. And thats why U should have at least one gp3 pet in the team - they have 2 leadership move wich can score even 5. But as the FAQ said there should be only one leader, since2 leadership moves (from 2 different pets) just a waste.

Well U already know 1 pet  but the 3 others... its quite tricky. It depends wich tactic U prefer. In general mixed teams wont work so U should use a specialized team as possible. I mean full of defenders or attackers or maneuver pets. In my experience the 4 elemental based attack is the most usable in most occasions so U should choose pets with that. (dragons with fire breath, lykos with ice breath, cocatrice with acid spit, and roc with lightning. They are completely the same so it doesnt really matter wich one U choose.  Well the 2nd skill is much more interesting since it decides wich tactic move u should choose. Like I said dont use mixed teams. If U choose U prefer defensive tactic U should use 3 elemental breather+defender and and elemental breather +double leader. Consult the FAQ wich pet genes U need. Or U can use a really stubborn defensive tactic like unicorn with regeneration (2x) and a defensive or counter strike. Since "Hold the line" tactic is the essence of defensive teams and the one who rolls more defense can use "Hold the line"

Offensive strategy:

Simply the most basic "strategy" U use the strongest offensive skills and U hope U can outscore the enemy even with tactics.

pros: U dont need tactics at all so ineffective by theory of chaos, easy to use.

cons: U need luck to roll really big scores, completely vulnerable to complete confusion tactic

Defensive strategy: 

Quite the opposite U should use pets with defensive moves like acid spitting cocatrice with regeneration or flame spitting dragon with scales ect.

pros: U dont need to roll a big score, all U need is lots of defensive moves. At the end of the battle "Hold the line" tactic can compensate the lack of attack scores.

cons: Dont really useful against  users of "maneuver tactics" and quite useless against "Theory of chaos" tactic. Since most player use defensive tactics its almost pure luck wich team wins the battle.

Maneuver strategy:

A good all arounder. U need 4 elemental attacking pet and one of them should be a leader, others should have strafing strike (2x) or other movements (2x)

Pros: If Theory of chaos works its really strong since it disables ALL other tactics for the enemy (except maneuver tactics). Since most players use hold the line its quite useful against them.

cons: its highly depends on theory of chaos, if U cant roll it U score quite low points compared to others. If U have a brand new team its quite weak in the beginning, since U cant choose tactics.

From my experience those 3 are the most useful tactics in the BG, but others may argue with that. I hope I could give U some hints about BG teams and tactics. If U need help feel free to PM me.

Good luck and good fight!

"Tyger Tyger burning bright, 
In the forests of the night: 
What immortal hand or eye,
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?"

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla