Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Weekly autobattle chart

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-15 19:49:29 — Link

I noticed some players take care a lot for keeping the arena populated with setting their pets up for autobattle, on the other hand as soon as they go off, the arena looks quickly rather deserted...

taking into account that setting up pets in the arena is a quite crucial gameplay feature for training, I thought some kind of a reward for autobattlers might be nice? something like a weekly autobattle chart, per user? counting not the wins only but the number of autobattles fought? pets set up in the arena are, if not overwhelmingly strong, mostly more of a training help for others than for autobattle pet owners so I thought such a weekly chart would be a fair reward for that gameplay-flow efforts?

I shot the thread but I didn't shoot the TO

• Imitatia

Posted at 2014-02-16 18:32:56 — Link

Personally, I like this idea, but there are a lot of ways to abuse it. Someone could put up a pet in the arena for autobattle and keep battling them with their own pets to get the reward. Also, it would be a sort of a chance thing , some pets might just get lucky and get picked more.

Hey everyone!

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-16 20:02:38 — Link

there seems to be no such thing really as pets that are picked more just for luck reasons, as I often see the arena really empty, they seem to be fought quickly as soon as they show up

the only real difference is the strenght of certain pets, of course GP0 pets will be picked much more often than GP3 but that should be ok, part of the system somehow as the autobattle chart is supposed to reward users who set up pets for others to battle/train

of course, if (with the help of such an additional weekly chart) the arena would end up so well populated that you could choose between a number of similar opponent pets, then some luck will be part of the decision, of course, but that's just normal and part of this game (every game). when you want to buy a certain scheme or invite and find 5 of them in the sales with the exact same price, you just take one of them (i.e. luck decides who of the selling players will get an additional amount to his/her weekly item sales chart). or just take a look at the role of luck on the battlefield, where a lot depends on the rolls... so that point shouldn't be a huge problem.

as for the abuse risk: if there wouldn't be a code implemented to prevent fighting against your own pets, this would long have been already abused (players would set up weak pets for their own stronger pets to battle), but the abuse prevention code is implemented already, you can't fight against your own pets.

I shot the thread but I didn't shoot the TO

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-03-05 02:26:43 — Link

Sorry, we encourage winning battles, not losing them.

Pets do not train on Arena, they're fighting there. And they don't like being constantly beaten dummies. In game reality this is cruelty to continually put an incompetitive pet to arena and make it physically and mentally crushed every battle. Bloodless training takes place only in Riding Hall.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla