Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Animal Accesories and recompensations

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Torhval
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-11 14:19:35 — Link

- Animal acccesories: The idea is to have accesories for the pets, it can give a possibility to make an animal even more unik with other things that only custom skins, plus there will be no need to use a rainbow jar, in that case we can have some space in the stable for the accesories, and can use scrolls to get more space. Then it would be possible to use accesories on the pets like an armour or other things that can or can't have a efect on their capacity in fighting.

- Recompensation: I've also used the same pet to fight three of the four kamis, and it worked even if he have a wery bad constittion and isn't a GP pet, so I would like to have the possibility to give him a recompensation for his good work. So the idea is to be able to give them medails for their corage and good work when we think they deserve it.

• mosaic
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-11 21:08:51 — Link

Accessories would be cool! They'd need to be breed-specific (unicorn armor, roc greaves...) or have multiple different images available depending on the breed you equipped them to. Items that wouldn't be breed-specific could be...companion animals? Like a bird or butterfly? Problem with that would be scaling. I think a Roc is, like, fifty times the size of a Puma.

There's also the idea of items that modify the appearance of a beast, like extra teeth or tails. They'd need to be fairly basic though, so the artists wouldn't end up modifiying eeeevery siiingle item to match the wide variety of coat colors. It also runs into the realm of custom skins.

In principle I suppose that applying items wouldn't be too different from applying a custom skin. It'd be like having a couple of images overlaid on a single pet...however, in terms of coding and image hosting I don't know how difficult that really is.

*~*Combat Unicorns*~*Deviant Rocs*~*Silver&Gold Cockatrices*~*

• Torhval
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-12 00:16:54 — Link

My idea of accessories isn't tails, wings and that kind of stuf since that would work for custom skins like you say. But I was thinking about items like jewels, armour, and things like that. So yes, they would have to be specific for each creature.

Effectively copagnion animals would be more difficult.

• Imitatia

Posted at 2014-02-12 01:13:13 — Link

Custom skins do not cover things like wings and tails unless the original art for the pet has it. So, what I mean is, you can't add body parts of any type onto a custom skin, only accessories and new colors. You can't add wings to unicorns and pumas, since it completely changes the concept of it being a unicorn or puma.

However, I like the ideas of accessories, but there are a few problems. For example, the game allows different bases than site ones for custom skins. These pets would not be able to wear these accessories. Site bases can also be edited, and accessories might not fit one these either.

Also, as for your second suggestion, it's an interesting idea, but I honestly think it would only affect the game in a negative way. If we only gave away medals to lower stat pets, the good stat pets would lose their value, and people would abandon them for the lower stat ones with medals, which isn't the purpose of this game.

In addition, it would be unfair to award pets that are "deserving" because they have worse genes but higher capabilities. This way, none of the pets with rare or good genes will ever win medals which will throw off the balance of pricing and values.

Just thought I'd point these two things out.

Hey everyone!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-02-12 01:24:59 — Link

I think Imitatia covered it all.

Accesories are not compatible with custom skin concept. As a side note, we allow custom skins to have any accesories that skin author would like to add. This thing is not compatible with "official" and "wearable" accesories too because it will cause lots of confusion.

And just like in real life, we reward the best. I doubt that a sub-par arabian mare will get any prize on the Arabian Show just because she and her owner are trying hard to do their best. It's just against any logic. Breeders must try to get the best animals, it's natural. Pet's battle achievements are expressed in its number of wins. If the pet is successful, it will get in the charts or even may get a prize for being at the top. For "trying hard" there's a number of peaceful achievements that can be earned by any pet and get it research potential points. The thing is that here pets do not compete with each other, and there are no "best" and "worst", "winner" and "loser". In case of winner and loser only the winner must get reward.

• TheKitKat
  • User

Posted at 2015-01-06 01:31:46 — Link

I know this idea wasn't approved but....

Certain accesories can up certain genes.

For example....Like back armor for a puma with thin skin will practicly prevent it from getting bruises. Etc. on the subject. Other red genes can be prevented from armor accesories.

Just a suggestion...

I am a huge Skyrim fan. I even have a roleplay thread for skyrim. Here is my persons picture.

Shes intelligent. Never really relaxed. To the point, Please join my Skyrim roleplay thread if you know and at least play and like this game!

You can do anything you want to him, but you can not kill him- The Lord said to the devil in the book of Job. (pronounced Jobe.)

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla