Boards < General < General Chat < rarity breeds?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• wints
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-03 02:49:30 — Link

hi just wondering if the rarity chart gets updated as i see some fur breeds not on the list.

i have a Cloudy Leporad, isnt on the list, is that rarer?

• Pidove
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-03 03:15:10 — Link

Hello!

Cloudy leopard is in the list, it is is on the first bar of the Puma's Skin Library. They are fairly common. :)

You can check the rarity of a color by going to List of Genes, selecting your species, and looking for the genes required to make the color. In the case of Cloudy Leopard, that is "Spotted" in Pattern and "Gray" in Color. Use Ctrl + F to find the genes and it will give you a % of the Pumas on-site with those genes. This can give you an idea of how many have a given color and speaks of its rarity. :)

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-05 09:33:06 — Link

...and it will give you a % of the Pumas on-site with those genes.

Hm, I was under the impression that the % reflects the probability of a pet caught in the wild to have this gene. I don't remember where I could have read that though. Do you know for certain that it's on-site pets?

• Pidove
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-06 02:31:48 — Link

I don't know for certain, but I did read it somewhere. D: Or so I thought. Perhaps I was mistaken, but I thought it applied to on-site pets.

• mosaic
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-07 23:35:06 — Link

I assumed it was the rarity of wild occurrence as well. If it reflected actual color rarity, I'd expect the % values to be much messier.

This does raise another idea, however: the popularity of rare colors leads to more breeding of those colors...thereby lowering the actual rarity! For instance, I see a lot of striped unicorns (natural occurrence of 0.95%). Taking popularity and breeding into account, it's only a matter of time before the rarest unicorn pattern won't be striped any longer. Of course that won't be reflected in the gene library, leaving the determination of true rarity up to players :D

*~*Combat Unicorns*~*Deviant Rocs*~*Silver&Gold Cockatrices*~*

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-07 23:46:56 — Link

Yep. Some of the 'rare' colors are overbred, but there's some that I've had hard time finding. For example, these are all still missing from my collection:

I guess most players don't care about breeding monochromes?

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-08 00:07:29 — Link

I like monochromes but I have such a hard time finding nice ones that'll give me what I want. It took me forever to just breed a green spotted dragon or any spotted dragon for the matter. I still only have a red and a green one.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla