Boards < General < Help < gene researching

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• visenna
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-31 20:36:50 — Link

hi,

I'm new to this game, so please don't be angry if this is stupid question.

I know I can research 1 gene by paying 100 and using 1 vermillion, but there is also an icon "research all genes" - how much does it cost and when is it active, because I can use it only with some of my pets? Also is there some way to research a gene chosen by me, or it is always randomly chosen?

thanks,

visenna

visenna

• Torhval
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-31 20:55:50 — Link

That only works if you have more than 1 vermillion and on pets who haven't seached all their genes yet. So if you don't have vermillion or if the pet already have all their genes it won't work.

And when reseaching all gens it will only give the number of genes that he pet is missing if you have enough vermillion, if not it will reseach as many gens as vermillions.

And yes they're allways randomly, but can be modified with mutagens(randomly too) you can only have a total of 20 gens per pet(two per category).

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-31 21:05:45 — Link

Just trying to make this a bit clearer - choosing Research all genes will research as many genes as you have vermillion. You know that researching 1 gene costs 100s and 1 Vermi. You have 20 genes overall in a pet (10 mother and 10 father), so researching them all costs 2000s and 20 Vermillion. If you don't have enough Vermillion on hand to research all 20 (or all unknown genes if you previously researched some), the game will randomly choose as many genes as you can afford.

Now the second qusetion though, Torhval is only half right. If you have the Inn (VERY useful building to have), you can invite a Geneticist, who will let you choose which genes to research. As a matter of fact, I almost always have a Geneticist at my Inn. It means I can check out mother and father of my pet and cross-reference which genes I am certain of, so I don't have to research those and can therefore save money (and especially vermi).

• visenna
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-01 16:27:48 — Link

I get it now, thank You very much for answers! 

visenna

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla