Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Double Unicorns

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Entity
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 06:08:12 — Link

So my catcher came back and had a unicorn. I went to the next page to look at something then hit the back button by accident. When I looked there was the exact same message on the screen with the same unicorn there. I have two unicorns now and I only should have one. I didn't mean for this to happen but because of a mis-click, I now have two. Is there any way to fix this?

-Edit-

I just joined today, also. So I just discovered this bug.

-Another Edit-

http://i46.tinypic.com/97iih1.jpg

^

There is a slight difference in how the posts go but essentially they're both the same unicorn. I thought it'd be best to have a screenie of what exactly happened when I pressed the back button and looked at it, hopefully this will help and clear any confusion on the matter. I still have the unicorns, and am waiting on responses, but I won't do anything with them until I know what I should do.

---

Notice from Administration.

Every user who faced the bug with double pets being caught has a choice: you can leave the double pet in you stables or you can ask here to swap it for 10 Gold Coins or 10 Vermillion.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-22 18:23:44 — Link

Thanks for reporting!

This is a new bug which we didn't face before, we're working on it. This is really a double, we will remove the copy. You won't be able to do anything with them while they are being tamed, so you can just continue playing normally.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Entity
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 18:25:46 — Link

It's okay! Thank you for getting to it, I was worried about that when I saw it in my stables. When I noticed it was an exact copy I became more worried because of it. But thank you for getting to the problem, Angel!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-22 20:27:40 — Link

I'm making this thread sticky and adding a notice to the first message fo everyone to see.

We're aware of the bug with double pets caught on the map but we can't fix it right now because we weren't able to figure out the reason fast enough. We're working on it but until it's fixed every user who faced it will have a compensation.

Every user who faced the bug with double pets being caught has a choice: you can leave the double pet in you stables or you can ask here to swap it for 10 Gold Coins or 10 Vermillion.

• Entity
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 20:29:55 — Link

Would it be alright for me to swap the unicorn for 10 gold coins, Angel? Should I name one of them, so you know which one to delete?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-22 20:30:55 — Link

Entity, yes :) Please rename the one you want to leave.

• Entity
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 20:31:59 — Link

Okay, thank you! *Goes to do that now*

-Edit-

One has been named, the other you can remove whenever.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-22 20:35:28 — Link

Done. Thanks for your patience :)

• Entity
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 20:39:19 — Link

No problem! Glad I could be of service.

• Kolibri
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 02:47:58 — Link

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2307/beastkeeperpetglitchcop.png

While I did not receive multiple pets, I experienced a similar glitch. I believe it differs from person to person, but they're essentially the same. When the time ran out, I closed the tab and then went back to view the log under 'Caputer Wild Pet'. This resulted in two logs occurring simultaneously.

If I need to provide a new image, let me know. I realize that imageshack decided to resize on me.

"You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants a magical solution for their problem, and everyone refuses to believe in magic."

- Jefferson/The Mad Hatter, Once Upon a Time

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-23 02:53:22 — Link

Kolibri, thanks, the screenshot is informative enough, everything is readable. We're still working on this.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Kolibri
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 02:58:08 — Link

Understandable. I really just wanted to point out that it differs from person to person. Not everyone will end up with double pets, etc. 

Good luck, and thank you for all the effort you put in. I've been lurking around and am impressed by how quick your responses are. 

"You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants a magical solution for their problem, and everyone refuses to believe in magic."

- Jefferson/The Mad Hatter, Once Upon a Time

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-23 03:22:32 — Link

Kolibri, thanks for the kind words :)

We're aware that the whole expedition result executes several times, and it seems that the same issue is with the auctions.  I think we've found the core of this problem, now we need to find the way to fix it.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-23 04:16:05 — Link

It seems that we finally overcame this bug!

Our big thanks to everyone who helped us to locate it by submitting the issue here. It was a quite rare bug which was very hard to locate.

Thanks for your patience and help.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla