Boards < Offtopic < Offtopic < Game of Thrones

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-25 18:26:33 — Link

I was wondering if someone knows the fantasy novels A song of ice and fire or maybe the TV series A game of thrones. If so, feel free to talk about the series/books.

At the moment I'm reading the first book, but I watched the series. I'm also looking forward to the start of season 4 (amazing trailer is amazing x3)

- Valar morghulis -

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2014-01-25 21:13:17 — Link

It's a great show from my point of view. Here in Belgium/France the books are called game of thrones as well, so I was a bit confused on what you were talking about. :) 

So tell me, wich side do you prefer? I absolutely adore the Khaleesi. She's awesome and I loooove dragons. :D

I didn't finish series 3 yet because my files were corrupted when I downloaded them. And I got lazy later on and didn't download the last episodes. But my BF is urging me to finish it so I'd better get watching them asap xD

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-25 21:48:50 — Link

I was not sure about the name, I think the original names for the books are A song of Ice and fire, but the most common use seems to be A game of thrones. Maybe I should change the topic name :D

Khaleesi is one of my favourite characters and she is also the reason why I started to watch game of thrones :D Besides the dragons, I like the way she deals with other people - gentle to friends and hard to others.

Well I can't decide if I like the Starks or the Targaryen more. It is hard if you like most of the characters of the whole series D: But those two are my favourite houses.

My favourite favourite characters are: Danerys/Khaleesi, Ser jorah Mermont, Arya Stark, The hound, Varys, Jaqen H'ghar<3, Tyrion Lennister.

Where did you stop to watch? in series 3 are two or three amazing Events x3

- Valar morghulis -

• Capra
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-27 20:18:18 — Link

I guess I'll have to write here as Seelenblut got me into the series.

I'm not quite through season 3 now, and luckly my fangirlish behaviour kept a bit within limits (compared to other shows, oh dear..) but it really is great stuff.

At the moment I'm going mad for Margaery, she's just though, intelligent, cute and beautiful. And well.. Nice, I guess. What else would you want?
I generally love the female characters. They got some really strong women there.

Uhm, and Tyrion. But you gotta love Tyrion anyway, so that kind of doesn't count..

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2014-02-11 21:43:09 — Link

Season 3 epissode 10 if I reckon :P Tyryon is awesome I have to say. So are Aria and Snow and basically almost everyone that is in the stark house.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-02-12 02:33:26 — Link

I've read them all a million times.... but I need to catch up on the series. I don't have HBO and have no clue where to watch them o.0

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Capra
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-14 17:52:13 — Link

@Fya: Yeah, I love the Stark house. Ned is by far one of my favourite characters. 

And I'm all for their independent kindom of the north. I also love Aria, Robb and Caithlin. My feelings towards Sansa are a bit complicated, I can't understand her behaviour 100%, but most of the time I just feel sorry for her.

@Nightingale: Living in Germany I also don't have HBO, but I watched part of the series online, and a friend of mine has the DVDs, so luck for me. ^^
 Hope you find some way to watch them, I don't know the books, but the series is certainly well-made. Cast, scenery and outfits alone are worth watching..

Btw, I also love Littlefinger and Varis. They have some of the best conversations, and I love that they aren't on the side of any house, but try to achieve their own goals. Gives their actions some spice..

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-02-16 18:56:52 — Link

I hear George Martin did spend some time helping in the filming (and maybe casting). So i am very pleased at the accuracy of everything so far. I'm glad they are in "episodes" and not several movies- I feel like we would miss so much that way.

Ahh I know right! They are really fun characters- and only get more interesting.

The thing I love about the books is the different perspective. The detail is amazing. You can be left hating a character for an entire book or two until a chapter is written from their perspective... You really get to see internal struggles and dialouge. It is truly brilliant writing. The accuracy in detail is stunning as George Martin is some sort of historical writer.... ahh, I'd give it a chance. They are VERY good. :D

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2014-02-17 23:01:24 — Link

Well, I am rewatching the episodes because my BF actually started the books, and there are a few things off, mostly ages, but then details. Such as relationships. In the books, Khaal drogo (think it's how it's spelt) and Daenerys share some love and he does not rape her, yet in the show he is just one big (sorry) asshole.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-07 22:47:16 — Link

Yesterday started the new season. Has anyone watched it yet? :3

(please hold your content as spoiler free as possibly ;)

I have to say it was an AMAZING start into the new season <3 I am so curisous to see how the story continues x3

- Valar morghulis -

• ntiany
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-08 13:45:42 — Link

I liked it very much too! :) In season 3 I got a little bored but the new episode was totally great! Waiting for more! :) 

.. and Jamie looks so terrible now... ^^

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-13 12:22:24 — Link

Yah I miss Jamies "prisoner" look. Almost didn't recognize him in the first episode of season four *derp*

- Valar morghulis -

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-18 17:44:35 — Link

I didn't get to see Season 4 yet, since we're not at home (and won't be for another 2 weeks) but I've read all the books so far and loved them all.

My favourite character by far by the way is Jaime!!! I lovelovelove him! Although more from the later books than the series so far. As Nightingale said the perspectives in the books make it amazing. Jaime I hated in the beginning and then slowly got to know him, how he works, how he thinks, and now? Ahh, I just hope he will be there to see the end of the books (you know, since one can never be sure with Martin..) xD

The other characters I'm rooting for are Daenerys and Tyrion. If Martin kills off any of those three I'd be terribly upset ;)

On a sidenote: My son is called Jamie - mainly after his uncle Jay, but I'd be lying if I denied that Jaime Lannister didn't make the name more appealing to me xD

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla