Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Squad limit on battlefield

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• SeverinDragonaz
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-21 22:58:09 — Link

Well, this idea is sticking in my mind quite a few days:

I think it is necessary to have a squad limit on the battlefield because I think it is more than just unfair if someone can send 6 squads or more on one battlefield. Especially if this player is blocking all vermillion sections and/or the portal and the sections around for weeks so nobody has a chance to get in there anymore. I think a limit where you can send 2 or 3 squads on one battlefield is more than enough.

I have a second idea but I am not sure if this is a good one:

Would it be good to have an auto-move in the battlefield? Just for the squads who haven't done anything on the field for a long time because the player wasn't on for weeks, doesn't want to do anything on the field and such things.

What do you guys think of this idea(s)?

• EverRain
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-21 23:14:27 — Link

I support the first idea.  For the second idea, where would the squads move to?

• SeverinDragonaz
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-21 23:49:45 — Link

Yeah, that is my problem with the second idea. They could move to a section around their current space. But then: Where should they move when nothing around them is free? Kicking them of the field?

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-22 07:28:28 — Link

i totally agree

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-22 17:33:31 — Link

There's nothing unfair in ability to send as much squads as possible. Squads do not interact with each other, and this can't make a separate squad more powerful and unbalanced giving this player an unquestionable advantage in tactic battle. Any other player can push these squads from the key zones one by one with the same chance as if they were owned by several different players. All battles are squad-to-squad, we don't have player-to-player or battles. If you would like to declare a private war to a certain player but your don't have enough resources or pets to do this yourself, you can unite in alliance and plan your attack together with other players who support your likes and dislikes. When someone uses strategy, you need to use strategy too to oppose him.

Auto-move isn't a good idea without advanced AI and a number of configurable options, and even then it will be impossible to make it behave exactly like you want. There's a lot of questions that can't be definitely answered, and this means that the algorithm cannot be coded. How it should choose if to attack or not? Who to attack? What maneuvers to reroll and what not to reroll depending on the results of your opponent? When to reroll the defence roll, when to stay on the same tile or move? Where to move in the constantly changing environment? How to choose the final destinatination point? Should it stay and defend if it has captured one of the captured zones? Or should it move and try to take another zone / level up pets? And a lot of other questions like this. I assume that most of the players will be frustrated that their squad is doing something strange, and the others will be frustrated because they were attacked by squads of players who supposed to be their friends.

• SeverinDragonaz
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-22 19:58:36 — Link

That has nothing to do with another player or me having trouble with someone. I think that would be just my personal problem, sorry for the misunderstanding. Maybe there is a need for this idea in the future when much more peole decide to play. But I still think it is not good when someone decide to take his/her 20 squads and put them on one map.

And I take my second idea back. It is just too wobbly.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla