Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Exploring avatar : Why not the actual pet?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2014-01-21 15:11:15 — Link

So actually, as you can see, we have a little pet browsing all around the map for us. Shame is, the actual avatar of this pet isn't actually the real pet, there's just one for each specie. I think it's sad, and it would probably be easy to code a query that would get the database to send the image of the pet, and then just show it as shrinked, whatever it's size actually is. 

But I'm not an expert in Java, so Angel will decide weither or not it's possible, if she likes the idea. I guess she probably thought of it before, so that's probably not possible, but I thought I'd give a try because it's free :3

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-21 16:57:19 — Link

It's easy to create an explore avatar for every skin from the coding side. The reason for using standard avatars is image quality. Explore sprites come through a number enchancements in graphic software to make them sharper, centered and clearly visible on the island. Automatic shrinking can't give such results. Here's a couple of examples:

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2014-01-21 21:18:20 — Link

Oh, I get it! 'v' thank you Angel, I didn't know the pets weren't made to fit the exploring. ^u^

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Yodra
  • User

Posted at 2015-01-11 23:36:02 — Link

Perhaps, and I'm just spitballing here, but perhaps you could recolor the original sprites - 1 per skin, or maybe 1 per color if that would be simpler - and have the site query the pet's genes to display the correct sprite? I would imagine this would be fairly similar to how the "normal" and "gaurdian" versions of monsters are deployed.

I hope I'm not being rude or anything! Please ignore me if I'm speaking out of turn!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla