Boards < Community < Roleplay < Looking For: Intermedate - Advanced Roleplay Partner(s)

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• theCrow
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 19:58:23 — Link

Hello there! My name is theCrow (though you can call me Crow, if you wish), and I am looking for one or more intermediate to advanced roleplaying partners. What do I mean by Intermediate and Advanced? Well, here's a few nifty lil' examples of three roleplay levels. It is important to note that this is as I view them, not necessarily as they are generally viewed.

Beginner Level Roleplay Sample:

Belle pranced into the plains, tossing her yellow mane. She stopped and ate some grass. She liked the light green grass the best. Belle looked up as another horse showed up. "Hi, I'm Belle!" She said happily.

Intermediate Level Roleplay Sample:

The wind blew gently, causing her flaxen mane to wave. The plains were quiet today, patches of lighter colored baby grass peeking through the darker adult blades. Belle, having surveyed the land and decided that it was safe, moved into a smooth trot. Her elegant legs carried her out onto the prairie, head tossing at the sheer enjoyment of the wind and sun. This was going to be a good day.

Coming to a stop near a particularly juicy-looking patch of baby grass (it was her favorite), she dipped her head and snatched up some of the thin blades. The wind carried the scent of another horse to her, and Belle lifted her head to see who it was. To her left approached  the silhouette, the distance too great for her to make out features just yet. Whoever it was, she was happy to have some company. "Hello, there!" She called out, turning to face them. "My name is Belle. Who are you?"

Advanced Level Roleplay Sample:

She had had a fitful night, her dreams plagued by the bone-chilling monster that had been chasing her through the darkness for the last month. Ever since Camelle had passed... Hazel eyes blinked rapidly, breaths coming in gasps as she awoke from her nightmare. Senses took in her surroundings, mind racing, body tense. Fear caused her heart to race, blood surging through her limbs and causing them to twitch with anxiety. A moment went by. Then nothing. She was safe. Tucked away in the patch of bushes she had stumbled upon last night. The mare breathed a sigh of relief, her panic subsiding. The apparition had not caught her. Yet.

Elegant legs lifted the chestnut frame from the ground, taking a moment to stretch the tense muscles into limberness. With a soft breath, the mare pushed her way through the foliage and into the woods. It was only a few minutes' travel to the brook, and only a moment from there to the prairie. Her throat was scratchy from the whimpers she had made during the night, and her pelt itched with the closeness of the trees. She needed open space. Black hooves churned gravel as she lowered herself down to the creekbed, dropping her muzzle to the water and slurping at it greedily. The cool water soothed her throat and her nerves, spreading a coolness throughout her overheated body. Pink tongue removed the last of the water from the corners of her mouth, eyes and ears always scanning the surrounds. There was nothing to be afraid of here.

Regardless of how empty the creek may have been, the plains were always a different story. To put oneself out in the open meant that she could run, as she was built to do, but it also meant that she could be watched from the treeline. The mare balked at the edge of the trees, staring hard, listening, testing the wind. If there was something out there, she wanted to know now. Minutes ticked by, senses alert and straining. Leaves rustled behind her, and her ears flicked back, muscles tensing. Suddenly she bolted from the woods and into the plain, bucking away the feeling of a monster's claws on her haunches. Adrenaline fueled her panic, and she raced out onto the prairie, wind and sun purging her fear.

----------------

You get the point ^^;

Anyway, if you are interested, please either reply here or send me a private message. The only thing I ask for is a sample of your roleplay so that I know what I'm dealing with. I don't think anyone likes to write 700 words and getting a 100 word reply 3: If you aren't advanced, that's fine! Intermediate is okay, I only want a sample so I can match your word count--that way neither of us loses :3 Also, I prefer animal roleplays, but I have been known to do anthro as well. Hit me with an idea if you have one!

If you have any other questions, feel free to reply here or message me.

• redwerecat
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-24 21:25:15 — Link

REPLYING HERE THEN.

Excuse my capslock. Brief Intro, hi, I've been rp-ing 5ever, (yes, it's one up from forever) I love animal rps but prefer anthro, but I do love some mythical beastie, so hopefully we can find a happy medium. 

As for a Sample... well it' a little iffy for an rp-starter post, but I shall do my darndest to supply. (Also I apparently default to my Manticore gent, do forgive? Alo the 's' key on my keyboard is tragically borked, forgive.)

~~~~~

He blinked, lazily yawning and stretching. There was nothing quite like the feeling of arching one's back into a stretch after a long nap- he let out a tiny little grunt of satisfaction and flopped back down onto his belly to take stock of his surrounding. They appeared not to have changed overmuch in the course of hi nap, though he could smell the faint sign of pasing creatures who had given him a wide berth. Wise of them, he mused to himself. Most things should give a giant crimson lion-beast the berth he deserved.

He stood and groomed his fur back into place, paying special attention to his thick mane, combing through snarled sections with his triple rows of sharp fangs and then moving on to the spaces between his wickedly curved claws. Then his wings, making sure to shake the batlike apendages out thouroughly and re-ettle them along his spine. Last came the tail, and he ran his rasped tongue along the chitinous egments of his corpion-like tail, cleaning each of the venomous barbs at the end daintily- a Manticore was immune to their own poison. 

Then who knew what it was time for? The nap had been out of pure boredom and a feline disposition toward sunny spots. Hunting? No, he was hardly hungry. Another nap? No, pointless, he'd groomed already and was feeling restless. So instead he imply tood and began to weave his way through the trees, idly leaving his marks on the bark of thick trees he passed or snapping one of his barbs againt a plant here and there to clear his path- he did so dislike thorns in his paws. Before long he found himself at the edge of the forest looking out on an open field. Well then. settling down on his haunches, he gazed over the exspanse of land and decided to press on. It wasn't as if he had a detination in mind, really, and stumbling acros company couldn't be any less interesting than killing time with aimless wandering. 

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla