Boards < General < News & Announcements < Salamander Hunt

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-20 00:12:03 — Link

You found a notification from the town authorities while sorting your correspondence this morning:

Dear Beastlord,

Recently increased tectonic activity caused new climatic changes. The waters of oceans became warmer. Exploration Guild is reporting about strange creatures that emerged from the oceans and started to settle in the shallow waters and small islands. They called them "salamanders". Salamanders are large amphibians that originally live in the deepwater thermal springs. Their body temperature is very high and their glands produce a chemical compound that produces a lot of heat energy by oxidation. Air contact boost oxidation processes several times. In other words, these creatures are able to breathe fire and their body is covered with flame.

Here's an image of this creature:

We call on everyone to avoid these creatures at any cost, they can be very dangerous!

Sincerely,
Town Council

You decided to walk to the marketplace and noticed a colorful announcement at the bulletin board...

Paying well for the Ethereal Shards!

Conclave of Warlocks is buying Ethereal Shards for great prices!

Ethereal Shard is a scale located at the center of salamander's breast. You can collect shards from the salamanders on islands. We don't buy all salamander scales, only shards are needed! Here's an image of the shard:

Visit our exchange station to trade your shards.
Offer is valid until January 26th, 23:59!

You made some inquiries and found out that Warlocks are preparing another weird experiment that will start in a week at the midnight when eruption of a large underwater volcano is expected. They plan to use the energy of the eruption and try to open one more portal to another moon. The core parts of the device that they are building must be very durable and heat-resistant to withstand the force of the eruption. Salamanders are used to live in the hot thermals, and Warlocks think that their heart-defending scales will make an ideal material. Their mad experiments always fizzle, but this is a great opportunity for you to get some cash and valueable items!

• Pidove
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 00:18:49 — Link

Awesome update! I'm really excited for this! :D Thank you for all the hard work!!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-01-20 00:31:52 — Link

Ohhh!! I'm so excited! What an awesome update :D Can't wait to try it out!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• bonvoyage
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 01:15:42 — Link

Where are the salamanders? I can't find any...

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 01:26:29 — Link

I don't think there's any trick to finding them. Just keep exploring: I spotted two on a single island.

And I don't remember seeing red Cygnons before. I guess those are new..

• Pidove
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 01:30:27 — Link

That red Cygnon is really pretty! Really do love the beasts we have on here. :) I just took a look at the scale shop and looks like I'll be stocking up on Vermillion!

• Lady_Sif
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 01:31:23 — Link

"We call on everyone to avoid these creatures at any cost, they can be very dangerous!"

Guess what everyones about to go do? Try and find these things. Poor Town Council.

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 01:41:19 — Link

Yep. I've never trusted the warlocks, but those are some good rewards. 

Not sure if the items are resaleable, but if they are...stimpacks would probably fetch a good price on the market: doubled regeneration for three days pretty much guarantees a spot on the weekly arena top ten.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 04:21:13 — Link

This is so cool

Angel, I'm confused, what do we do Find them?

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-20 04:23:32 — Link

NightbaneWolf, kill salamanders :)

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 04:30:49 — Link

@Angel

wahhh, poor salamanders XD

...how long did it take you to draw all these? They're very realistic.

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• bonvoyage
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 04:51:37 — Link

This event is at the perfect time, now I nearly have enough for the level 2 stable I have been saving for for ages!

• Fuego
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 05:26:24 — Link

We call on everyone to avoid these creatures at any cost, they can be very dangerous!

-starts a killing spree- Yeah, right :3

• silverkitsune013
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 06:02:23 — Link

A reliable way to get a person to do something is to tell them not to do it.. Maybe the town council is doing reverse psychology haha.

• WhatamIdoing
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 07:01:58 — Link

YAAAAAAAAAAY!~ I'll be getting a Throdama!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDD I am so excited!~ Thank you so much for this event! This is going to be fun!! :DDDD

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla