Boards < General < Help < Hello! I'm new and I am hoping for some tips from others

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• WhatamIdoing
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-13 04:36:13 — Link

I was just wondering if anyone can give me some tips or hints? :D Just like things you wish you had known when you had started out :>

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-01-13 17:50:39 — Link

Luckily there is a whole board just for this. Check out the user guides: http://beastkeeper.com/threads/21

People have posted their advice, suggestions, and walkthroughs for in game content. It contains a great deal of insight that players have gained through their own expereices.

There is also a place to post suggestions for a guide that you would like to see made on a sticky in this forum.

If you have any specific questions myself, and others are more than happy to help. Send me a PM if you're stuck.

----

I joined the site when it was new so I was able to sort of learn along  side the new features. I guess my advice would beto not underestimate the power of vermillion. It is so useful and easy to sell you can easily make money- or if used- better & more informed breedings.

I would say if you can afford it to always have a golem going, even when you are not very active. They will help you gain more resources easily and steadily over time. I find this very useful :) 

Hope that was able to help!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• WhatamIdoing
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-13 21:31:10 — Link

Thanks! That was very helpful! :DDD I actually saw the golems thing recently and was like 'Do I need this?' because some of them are pretty pricey. Thank you for all your help! I just want to be a better informed breeder, I'll go start reading now :D

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-01-13 23:57:17 — Link

They can be pricey. But are -very- useful making materials for you when you're not really looking or working for them :)

No problem. Let me know if you have more questions!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-14 12:53:53 — Link

You probably already know this, but it took me a while to figure it out when I started:

The gene inheritance is semi-random.

Fire gland
Fire gland

Normal senses
Normal senses

Quickmind
Quickmind

Normal paws
Sharp claws

Normal bones
Normal bones

Spitting muscle
Spitting muscle

Boiling blood
Boiling blood

Normal skin
Thick skin

Blue
Red

Normal
Normal

The right column is inherited from the father, and the left from the mother.
And all the offsprings of that dragon are guaranteed to inherit Fire Gland, Normal Senses, Quickmind, Normal Bones, Spitting Muscle, Boiling Blood, and Normal color. And 50-50 chance of either Normal Paws or Sharp Claws, Normal Skin or Thick Skin, and Blue or Red. 

If the parents have been fully researched, it's often easy to figure out most of the offsprings genes without using any vermillion. 

Also... Speaking of vermillion? Yes, it's expensive. Don't waste it, and don't sell it too cheaply. Other valuable island finds include energy drinks and mutagen, you can sell those on the market for major cash. 

• WhatamIdoing
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-20 09:52:53 — Link

Thank you so much!!! That is extremely helpful!!! I am pretty interested in breeding so that helped me a whole lot :> Thank you!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla